See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2016

First, you can find this great place at:

LAT 21° 4'6.86"N
LON 97°21'10.27"W

THE GOOD

- This is a beautiful place, lots of grees areas
- It has two outdoor pools
- One pool faces the ocean, the other faces the lagoon
- The swimming pool that faces the lagoon is right beside the restaurant
- The rooms facing the ocean are perfect
- The rooms facing the lagoon are almost perfect
- The rooms in the middle are, ok.
- Each and every room has:
+ King bed
+ WC
+ Small desk
+ Shower
+ Outdoor bath tube (wonderful)
+ Outdoor swimming pool (private)
+ Outdoor place to relax at on a bed or "camastros"
+ Outdoor table to have breakfast, food or romantic dinner
+ Safe, iron and hair dryer
+ TV with plenty of channels
+ Radio and ipod connection for your own music
- Always hot water (it takes a while to get hot, but it will)
- About the food, the chef is really good, Rodrigo is outstanding, trust him
- About the restaurant service, excellent!, Guillermo is always prompt and kind
- About front desk, perfect. Both workers always ready
- Security: All personal is always checking if everything is ok
- Personal is always checking on people in the hotel
- The price per night is US$ 194.00 dollars (worth every penny)
- It is more a lovers and couples hotel
- It is relaxing, far and not crowded
- If you wish not to drive back to downtown, there is a marine taxi that will take you free of charge and program your return if you are a guest.
- It has a small auditorium, maybe for 40 people at the most that could work as conference room or so.
Wifi always and good signal.

THE BAD

- To get to the hotel you have to drive for about 1.5 miles over the beach, it feels a little dangerous the first time. Second time is great, then is normal. The car dos not get stuck on sand, as you are driving on the humid zone, between the ocean and the dry sand of the beach.

- The government had promised for years to build a road, but it has been just promises, so, the hotel has a hard time renewing or taking care of all expenses and maintenance. The hotel is GREAT, but the manager needs to choose between the urgent and the not so prompt matters.

- It is 20 minutes away from downtown

- The parking space is small and feels kind of too close to the sea. (never got a problem, but you feel a bit worried)
- Poor signal reception of TELCEL

TIPS:

- Take snaks and a bottle of wine, brandy or whiskey to your room, order some food and start your own romantic evening that will last all night.

- You can go downtown and ask for your food when you get back at your room, they will make your table, put some candles and many other things.

So, this is the place to be. What are you waiting! Go!... now!

Room Tip: Best rooms are ocean view, or laggon.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renan M
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Isla Tajin Beach & River Resort is a beautiful, tranquil place to visit. Surrounded by water, bay & mangroves on one side & the ocean on the other~ it offers breathtaking sunrises & sunsets.
With three separate styles of rooms to offer (all offering their own private pool), you are sure to find your peaceful place whether on business, a romantic get away, a family get together or an incredible Destination Wedding.
During my stay the staff were delightful and the rooms were immaculate & relaxing.
The Chef is very personable & accommodating to any taste or diet you might desire. The meals he prepared during my stay were beautifully & artfully presented as well as some of the best food I have ever eaten.

I highly recommend this resort & I look forward to the day I can return!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffany F
Reviewed 3 February 2015

A lovely weekend getaway just made me melt, and it had nothing to do with the heat, as weather was so very perfect. Tuxpan a town in Veraacruz state, now only a mere 3.30 picturesque drive away from Mexico City, is home to Isla Tajin, a 20+ suites eco-looking and good looking beach/magrove front hotel.

Upoon our arrival -may i mention- driving on a perfect natural sand road -literally between sand and the waves- we were greeted happily with the simple yet lovely front desk staff. We arrived at night a a blanket of stars was awaiting us in ou oceanfront suite peeking through our rounded tearrace ceiling void. Bubbly in hand as we unwinded in th room, to chill by our private plunge pool of course we didnt wanted to live the room, for wwhich we ordered room service to be delivered quite promptly and with very tasteful dishes.

The room was so pleaseant decorated with local and refined handcrafts, a very good matress and delicious pillows, a double vanity well-lit batroom and shower with and adjoint outdoor hot tub... Need to say more?..

Our breakfast was included yet decided to have it served with beachfront views at our suite -more like a villa- and enjoyed again for one of he most corteous service had in a while, everyone was so lovely at Isla Tajin.

We didnt even swim in either one of the two beautiful pools -ocean/magrove-front pools as we were feeling pampered and prefered our more little but private one (also tempered). Books and magazines, lemonades and wines were enjoyed lounging in our room and terrace, with the help of our BFF the Room Service personel. Which by the way was so very affordable (actually all the F&B offered).

Besides reading and relaxin we went out for a mangrove tour leaving from the property, just at 5pm so we coud catch the sunset among the trees while at our little boat. Did I mentioned I was feeling truly spoiled?..

Ok I wont go over the more R&R ging on, but recoomment this place, which is a destination within itself -small, but truly- a place to enjoy and apppreciate nature, time off and the sound of the ocean as a lullaby.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms the best. Or pick the maangrove front rooms for sunsets.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarmenLaborin
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there several times in the past. Even my sister got married there and let me tell you the experience was NOT at all what was promised, I DONT recomend at all using this hotel for weddings unless you bring everything from somewhere else, and I mean food, waitresses, music, service, everything! Cause the hotel staff are not qualify to work up to what is expected of a 5 stars resort.

Anyways, my review today wont be about my sisters wedding, rather than my last stay. I stayed there for my birthday with my boyfriend. I was really looking forward to it since our previous experiences there (only staying on a night or two) had been good.

First of all, they had no one else staying in the hotel, we didnt have a reservation, we arrived around 7 pm and they did not have ANY rooms ready. How is that in a 5 stars hotel with no occupancy at all something like that can happen? When they finally gave us a room, it was in poor state. The woodfloors were poorly taken care of. Everything was just not right.

The worst part is that the rooms private pools are supposed to have the heat on at all times, Thats the point!!! Who would like to go and pay almost $5,000.00 MXN for a romantic room with a private pool when the weather is bad and the water is cold!!! The person at the reception said that it took about 2 to 3 hours for the water to warm up since the water heater was the same for all 4 beach rooms...

To make this story short, the water NEVER warmed up. We couldnt use the private pool and we didnt even get a "We're sorry for the inconvenience" from the hotel, which was, as I mentioned before, COMPLETELY EMPTY.

They made my birthday memorable for the most EXPENSIVE BAD SERVICE that I have received.

So if you really want to stay there, I suggest to call up way ahead, make perfectly clear that you need a clean room upon your arrival, and if you want a romantic time, make sure the water heaters are working and the rooms are well taken care of, otherwise, you'll only put yourself up for a dissapointing long journey.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank claudiamcr20
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Beautiful hotel!!!! Great service and food. The rooms are grrrrreatttttttt with a delicious private warm swimming pool. I highly recommend the spa!!! Also enjoy a boat ride through the "manglares"...the entrance is spectacular since you have to drive by the beach

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family