See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Only one problem,it's 15minute walk from the nearest train station,higobashi and awaza station.
Then everything is fine for a budget hotel,the food(breakfast),room size (small adequate for 2 to 3 person),strong wi fi signal,bathroom amenities and etc....
Nice hotel and I will be back to this hotel next time...

Room Tip: Room 202 strong wifi signal
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sphinx1234
Reviewed 5 November 2015

The hotel is unknown by cab drivers! Room is very small, no closet for clothes, staffs weren't very helpful, breakfast was bread, egg, tea/coffee only. Far walk to the nearest subway. Staff wouldn't accommodate any request at all! With free wifi though.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank YAMSKY
Reviewed 15 October 2015

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!
Pros:
* One out of the many staff was helpful
* Had Slippers
* Breakfast
* TV
* Air Conditioner

Cons:
* Shocking and Atrocious Customer Service
* Very Unhygienic. ITCHY BEDS
* Weak WiFi, it wouldn't work most of the time
* Bad Location
* No Refrigerator
* No space for walking let alone room for luggage
* Un-flusable Toilet
* No Kettle
* No refreshment bar
* No Tea or Coffee
* No Cups

I would like to warn and recommend all expecting travelers to never give this "hotel" a try. This is definitely the worst hotel I've ever been to. It was suffocating.
A few days ago, my family and I had booked to stay at Family Inn Fifty for three days. However, as soon as we entered our rooms, we were horrified and honestly very disgusted by the quality and shocked because of the size of the rooms. We went on holiday with a mindset of relaxation but all this hotel gave us was a massive amount of stress. I'll expand on my points now:

PROS:
* One out of the many staff was helpful:
ONE of the staff that works approximately around 11 o'clock was a man in his 40-50's who was genuinely helpful and gave decent customer service.

* Had Slippers:
They gave us slippers that seemed new and not tattered around the edges.

* Breakfast:
They had a plain breakfast consisting of eggs, bread, coffee, tea and occasionally croissant but it was quite nice and decent.

* TV:
There was a TV which was good but all the channels consisted of Japanese shows with no English subtitles.

* Air-conditioner:
There was air-conditioner but it was weak and instead of blowing out air, it was blowing out air and dust. However, there was an air con which helped with the humidity of the room.

CONS:
* Shocking and Atrocious Customer Service:
The Customer Service was horrendous. They were extremely rude and disrespectful towards customers and more importantly, unhelpful. I felt so pressured and uneasy. This was the worst customer service I had ever experienced.
Examples Include:
- They wouldn't allow my friend to speak.
- Speak over her
- When my friend asked for pen and paper so that she could draw out what she was saying because this guy had poor English, he shouted "Why you need pen and paper? what for?" I know that the quote I wrote had bad grammar but I'm writing exactly word for word what he said.
- There were many staff but the majority of them had showed signs of refusal to help but controversially, they had displayed a great amount of revolting customer service.
- Told my friend and I to "Move Aside" when we checked out
- He demanded our identities and questioned our passport making us tell him who this person and who that was.
- Pointing at our faces and getting very angry and speaking in such a harsh aggressive tone
- Also when we left the hotel, nobody said thank you or even utter a single word.

* Very Unhygienic. ITCHY BEDS:
The hotel was disgusting. The walls were moldy and the toilet stained yellow. However, the beds were the worst. An example would be that the bed's were decorated in a rosy design yet the roses that were originally pink had turned into a deep brown colour. In addition, after laying in bed for around 20-30 minutes, everyone in my family including my friend were starting to feel very itchy and we all developed red spots all over the areas that were itchy. It was like a nightmare trying to sleep in that hotel.

* Weak WiFi, it wouldn't work most of the time:
The WiFi occasionally had 1 bars but most of the time we had no connection to the internet. They used 1 router on each floor instead of in-room WiFis.
I had trouble logging on to Facebook, looking at my messages and even using Viber/Skype to call anyone.

* Bad Location:
The location was bad. After an exhausting trip from the packed trains. We arrived at Osaka but due to the hotel's location, we had such a hard time finding it. Furthermore, the citizens of Osaka themselves don't even know this hotel. Sometimes the taxi's questioned if this hotel had really existed. It had taken us 1 hour or more to find the hotel.

* No Refrigerator:
Every room had no refrigerator and ours was no exception. You wouldn't be able to keep food overnight because there was no fridge and little to no space for bags. This hotel gave little living essentials and also terrible service on top of that.

* No space for walking let alone room for luggage:
Simply put, there was no space for us to even walk let alone space for luggages. We had to walk on the beds to get around. Also, no where to put your clothes or your water bottles. We had to resort to putting the water bottles on the benches of the bed.

* Un-flusable Toilet:
I don't know about the other rooms but both our two rooms had an un-flushable toilet.

* A sticky bathroom floor and bathroom sink:
The bathroom floor was just disgusting and it was soggy, sticky and damp.
The sink was filled with white spots that were scattered everywhere.

* No Hairdryer:
The had no hairdyrer so we had to sit, not stand but sit and wait for our hair to dry.

* Expensive:
They had charged us $240/per-night which was absolutely ridiculous considering the minimal amount of essential that a human deserves. This hotel does not do its price justice. Honestly I could of picked a hotel for backpackers at the price of $30-$60 and it would be a world difference to this jungle.

* A terrible odour:
The room had a stinky smell. It was always lingering in the air no matter how much we turned on the air-conditioner or opened the windows that were full of cobwebs.

* No wardrobe:
We had no space to put our clothes because they had no wardrobes. We didn't know where to keep our things or even where to put our clothes after we change. I was scared to step out of the shower because whenever I bent over to put on my clothes, my body would touch the brown-stained bed or the greenish-yellow molded walls.

* No Kettle:
The room had no kettle so we couldn't cook noodles to eat or drink a glass of warm water. Therefore, the only way you could have access to a kettle is by renting it.

* No refreshment bar:
No refreshment bar therefore we had to resort to using vending machines to quench our thirst.

* No Tea or Coffee:
There was no tea or coffee available but this would be asking for too much.

* No Cups:
They had no cups, no service.

This was a nightmare in real life. My friend and I ended up abandoning this horror movie hotel and moving to another hotel named "City Route Hotel" which displayed much better customer service and the rooms were a lot better.

Room Tip: If you do happen to already book this hotel, I highly recommend rooms that are closest to the router for better WiFi.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Tameki
Reviewed 15 October 2015

PROS:
-Slippers
-3 coat hangers and hooks on wall
-Simple Breakfast (Eggs and bread, coffee/tea)
-TV
-Aircon (In Japanese, very weak and difficult to use)
-1 very beat up window
-1 particular older gentleman who provided us with helpful customer service out of the rest of the staff

CONS:
-EXPENSIVE
-APPALLING Customer service with the exception of that 1 staff member.
-UNHYGIENIC
-NO WIFI
-Outdated rooms
-Location (difficult to find, not on main road)
-Odour
-NO Hairdryer
-NO Iron (Can be rented)
-NO Refrigerator
-NO Kettle (Can be rented)
-NO Refreshment bar
-NO Coffee Table
-NO Cups
-NO Space for luggage
-NO walking space
-NO adapter provided when requested
-FAULTY toilet
-Humid

Please consider carefully.

Upon entering this ancient, tiny 3 level hotel and checking into our room for 3, we were met with 2 beds that took up 95% of the room. There was no space to walk from head to the foot of the bed and the 2 beds were joined next to each other meaning we had to climb over one bed to get to the other. The only space available was the small area from the front door to the bathroom for shoe space (approx 3x5 ft) leaving no room for luggage.
The bed sheets and pillows were stained yellow and the (colourful) aged floral pattern on the blankets were turned brown in colour. The walls appeared to be soiled and peeling. The bathroom sink was stained with white/cream spots.
WIFI only reached the rooms closest to the reception and beyond that, cannot connect.
Due to no space, the very basic necessities such as refrigerators, hairdryers, kettles, wardrobes/cabinets, refreshment bar, bedside tables, coffee tables were NOT provided.
We bought 4 water bottles and had no where to place them but the slim wooden plank on the head of our bed.
On top of it all, the toilet could not flush 2 sheets of toilet paper despite holding the flush button for a good 10 seconds.
All that was provided in the room was 2 beds, slippers, coat hangers and hooks on the wall, towels, 1 cup in the bathroom. That was all, nothing more.
SHOCKING Customer service: When we requested to change to a room with more space, the staff at the reception questioned us rudely as though we had some motive. He responded in an atrocious manner and demanded to verify our identities, pointing to our passports and questioning who was who as well as interrogating us when checking out of our rooms etc. The language barrier did not help either.

It was so suffocating that we ended up taking our luggage and checking into another hotel despite already paying 3 days in advance for Family Fifty Inn.
For the high price we paid ($240/night) we found another hotel for $50 less just around the corner that provided us with everything Family Fifty Inn didn't, from hygiene, exceptional customer service and basic requirements of a hotel room.

Room Tip: If you do consider to stay at this hotel, request to stay in a room close to the router for WIFI
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Located in central Osaka just a 10-minute drive from Osaka and Umeda Station, Family Inn Fifty's Osaka offers affordable accommodations with a private bathroom with shower and free Wi-Fi.All rooms have a TV with VCR, hairdryer and slippers. A hot-water pot and iron can be rented.Family Inn Fifty's Soho Cafe offers light breakfast options and has an internet section available for free. Massage services and a cellphone charger are available.Family Inn Fifty's Osaka is a 10-minute walk from both Nakanoshima Station and Awaza Station. It is a 5-minute walk from Grand Cube Osaka (Osaka International Convention Center).Nishi Ward is a great choice for travelers interested in universal studios, aquarium and gourmet food.

Room Tip: Best located area ,quite budgeted
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family