All reviews osaka castle keihan line subway station walking distance tiny bathroom short stay open the window room key fantastic location single room vending machine stayed for nights cnn supermarket luggage japan jr
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is great, very comfy and just right of the station. Rooms are very clean and the breakfast is simply delicious, but the staff is just incredible!!! They are super nice and they do their best to make you feel confortable, very gentle, super polite tge best advisors you can ask for your trip in Osaka! The receptionist are simply the bomb!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
hkt0321, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel KeihanTenmabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
Moreover, we are very pleased with complimenting the location conditions and the staff's services.
Also, I'd appreciate it if you stay at our hotel when you travel to Japan.
Thank you for your contribution.

HOTELKEIHAN TENMABASHI
Yuiko Tanaka

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The location is perfect. I stayed here with 3 kids and 1 senior 3 adults. There is a station nearby that is inside a mall where you can shop for anything you'd want and also dining options aren't limited. We traveled to kyoto as well from this hotel. Very convenient and will only be staying in this hotel from now on when I visit Osaka! :-)

Rooms are small and the bathrooms are as well. My brother s tall and he could touch the ceiling. but it is okay, who would want to stay inside a hotel when the city is too beautiful?

Food are healthy and great as well.

Room tip: From the station look right and move forward a little. you will see the hotel (the sign is being blocked by another hotel sign)
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ホテル京阪天満橋, FRONT DESK at Hotel KeihanTenmabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dears,
Thank you for your staying in our hotel and review.
We are so glad to know that you had a HAPPY TIME with us.

If you have a chance to come to Osaka again, please stay in our hotel again.
Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

FRONT DESK Yui Takama

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stayed in Hotel Keihan Temmabashi at the end of October 2017. Our stay was very busy, visiting as many of the famous sites as was possible in 6 full days, and our over all impression of the hotel was that we had a very happy time. We stayed on the 8th floor and our room was tiny, but manageable for an average sized couple who travels light. Let me start with the annoying bits regarding our room. There was only a hot water kettle with two coffee cups and two water glasses provided for getting refreshment, although there was a vending machine in the middle of the floor with large selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages to serve the tired traveller returning to her room. There was only one laundry on the second floor, with 4 washing machines for hundreds of guests to use, which meant one night I had to stay up till 2 am to finish washing for the next day. We could have brought more clothes with us, but I was counting on the fact that the Hotel has laundry, so we opted for travelling with less in order to fit more comfortably in our room. Also, for the first time I decided not to travel with my computer , but regretted that decision even more than packing light, since the only English channel available in the Hotel was CNN, and that provided no real news of what was happening in the world, instead it offered endless Trump-bashing until my eyes bled. ( I am Australian, not American, but to me it was way beyond what a sane person can bare of hearing the same topic over and over and over and over again and over and over and over and over again, ad nauseum.) On the third day I opted for Japanese channels, despite the fact I can't speak Japanese, and thinking perhaps the Hotel had a hidden agenda, which was to spread the knowledge of the Japanese language. (?) Understandable, though rather annoying. Now let me give the good bits about this Hotel. Impeccably clean top to bottom, every corner, fresh sheets provided every day. The air-conditioning worked perfectly, even though we both smoked in our room there was no lingering smell. The bathroom is the size of a wardrobe, without ventilation, but still manages to be perfectly hygienic and fresh. I was pleasantly surprised that the window in our room could be opened (which fact was not immediately apparent to us, since the handles were taken off ) because I have this fancy of always having a window open a little when I sleep, to make me feel being more part of the whole place rather than being isolated in a box. ( Many hotels in Asia have the windows fixed shut because of the air conditioner working without end, whereas in this hotel the guest can just switch off the air conditioner at will.) We had the Hotel breakfast on the first morning , my husband liked it, he liked the variety, I was so-so about it, but then again, I can be rather fussy, occasionally. Verdict; worth a try. We had a very happy stay in this Hotel, because the location of it was just perfect for our daily excursions to discover all the beauty that Osaka and Kyoto has to offer. I only wish we had more time to do so ! ( In fact, at one point I began daydreaming about what would it be like if we just stayed in Japan for good.) Literally about 30 m from the subway station which connects to JR stations and in addition just across the road is the Keihan line, which I took to Kiyomizu-dera,. From this hotel it was easy to walk to Osaka castle and to the Osaka city museum. The shopping centre across the road had absolutely everything one may wish to buy, fashion, electrical, souvenirs, flowers, chocolate, bakeries, restaurants upstairs. In fact, there are lots of eateries just in the near vicinity of this Hotel. There are also 3 Family Marts very nearby to buy a pencil or bandaid, sandwiches and milk if needed, and they are open at all hours. The staff in the Hotel is very courteous, but everyone we met in Japan were very courteous, and some people even very kind - which was quite unexpected.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ホテル京阪天満橋, フロントスタッフ at Hotel KeihanTenmabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dears,

Thank you for your staying in our hotel and review.
We are so glad to know that you had a HAPPY TIME with us.
However, we are sorry for your inconvenience about television news.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka again, please stay in our hotel again.

Thank you for your review.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.

FRONT DESK Itsumi Shiotsuki

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Small rooms as expected had to put the chair on the table to fit both suitcases in the room and still had trouble closing the bathroom door. Breakfast was terrible, cold and not much to choose from compared to other hotels we stayed at. Wifi was good. Overall it was okay for 2 nights.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ホテル京阪天満橋, フロントアシスタント at Hotel KeihanTenmabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you very much for staying Hotel Keihan Temmabashi.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to your room during your stay.
The narrowness of the room is the issue that we need to improve our hotel.
We will make every effort to satisfy our customers instead that we can not satisfy customers in terms of the room.

Thank you very much for posting your review.
We are looking forward to what I can do with you again.

Best regards,
FRONT DESK Maki Okamoto

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the location of this hotel was perfect for us. In a quiet area across the road (literally 200m) from a train station and within very easy walking distance to the Osaka castle. We stayed for 3 nights and I would say a single person would be comfortable in the room and a couple would be fine if they didn't mind keeping all their stuff orderly as there's not really any room to keep your belongings. Keep in mind if you're sharing the room with another person, you will be in each others space constantly. The staff were all friendly and we were fine communicating, although we didn't really ask for much.

One thing that was a little annoying was that they have a system of holding your room key for you at reception every time you go out (which you want to do because they keychain is HUGE) but it got a little annoying having to wait in line coming back to the room. Once a big tour group was checking in, a manager saw us waiting for a few minutes and ran out to help us which was really nice.

The train station across the road had two lines, one of which took us all the way to Kyoto without changing trains for the next leg of our trip. We were also able to get to Shin-osaka on one train and Namba (dotonburi) by changing trains twice.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience with some nice restaurants close by. I would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to Osaka, especially if visiting Osaka castle park is on your to do list.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ホテル京阪天満橋, フロント at Hotel KeihanTenmabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.

Our hotel is located near by station.
So you can easy go to sightseeing Osaka,Kyoto and Nara.

We are sorry for you felt cramped in your room.
And we have a more big twin room, so please try to stay next time.

we look forward to hosting you again when you return to Osaka

Best Regards,