“Really good pizza!! Buffet!”

Shakey's Canal City Hakata
Ranked #53 of 1,068 Restaurants in Hakata
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Went here with a group of 3 and we enjoyed great pizza for a decent price. We had the buffet and it included unlimited drinks, salad bar, pasta, fried potato slices, rice, veggies and a few other items.You were able to order a pizza and do half and halves on the toppings. They had typical US and some Japanese style toppings. We had the hawaiian, sausage/green pepper and they were all good. Then for dessert, there were three different pizza types. We had the marshmallow/chocolate and banana/chocolate. Both were excellent.The rest of the food was all good, with some good dressing choices. There were plenty of drink choices too, with soda, juices, teas, etc.
I would definitely eat here again if I were back in Japan.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

This is normally not the type of place I'd eat in when on a trip to Japan but my friends and I were famished and wanted a meal...quick. So we happened to stumbled upon this place and though that they had a lunch buffet for ¥ 1,180. There was a short queue but it moved quickly. When it was out turn, we had to pay for the buffet first at the cashier and you would then be led to your table. The buffet included all the pizzas, salad, pastas, curry, rice, beverages and fried potatoes. Shakey's is a large pizza chain in the Philippines and the set up and some pizzas were quite familiar. The fried potatoes (or mojos as what we call them) are a favorite and tasted the same. However, there were some unusual but good pizzas such as sauteéd burdock and dessert pizzas. Overall it was an enjoyable meal and we left stuffed.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Many different varieties of pizza and they keep changing up if you are there for about 2 hrs at least. The theme's and desert pizzas change each month. All you can eat with a basic but good enough drink and salad bar. Also pasta, rice and curry. Good place to go when hungry and want to eat like a sumo rikishi.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is located in East Building's 3rd floor. They've got a wide range of pizzas whose flavor changes after each serving runs out. Crispy dough & flavorful sauce (too much cheese for me though). They provided 2 servings of pasta each time, all was plain for me except for the egg roe one. Salad bar & drink bar is also included at the total price of ¥1180 for a whole luch set, yet you've got what you paid for: cheap soft drinks and salads. You could literally stay there from 11:00 till 15:30 but I got full after an hour. It is quite hot and narrow inside so I'd recommend you come early & get the window tables overlooking parts of the "Canal City".

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

I had the basil and garlic pizza and it tasted very good. Service was also good. This outlet is more of a fast food diner affair compared to the Hong Kong branch I ate at a few years ago which was much more of a formal restaurant. A nice touch is the unlimited refills on soft drinks from their dispenser.