All reviews hakata station business trip baby crib minute walk expensive hotel walking distance international airport room was large centrally located hotel taxi ride per night very nice hotel japan luggage size canal
Reviewed 6 April 2018

On our return trip we stayed here for one night before heading out to Tokyo to leave Japan. Our 14 day trip had been exhausting and stressful. This beautiful hotel helped ease our suffering. First, the architecture is incredible. The inside lobby will take your breath away. Insanely high ceiling extends to a cathedral and ultimately to a point. Circular walls on pillars reveal the rooms and windows to the world. Everything is marble. The lights are so soothing. It is truly a place of beauty. Then you are greeted at the door and along the way to the desk. The staff in so professional and genuinely friendly. Our check in went smoothly. They accommodated three of us in one room. The room was large and immaculately decorated. The layout is so refined. We then ate lunch at the Cafe and had the buffet. The food was wonderful. The place was packed with Chinese tourists who are rude and lack manners. I found out that they come in large numbers during the Cherry Blossom season. Too bad. Anyway, we then took a nap and later went to the lounge to have a drink and snacks. It is very nice. Again, the staff was wonderful and the food excellent. We ended our day and slept like babies until our wake up call. This hotel is well located for quick access to the Fukuoka Airport. The Hyatt is a wonderful, high end hotel that doesn't break the bank. I highly recommend it to anyone

Room tip: They are all great but a room with a view of the city is nice.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank golden2002
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Booked 5 rooms for our family trip. The pre arrival experience is actually better than the stay experience. Thank you hotel staff Wada san and Moe san for helping us to make reservation for the restaurants and preparing the cake for my brother.
Stay experience is a bit disappointing as a little mess for the room arrangement part. Baby crib is set up wrongly in another room, when I called and checked with housekeeping...guess it is the language miscommunication...they said they have no baby cot...one room was checked in with other guest luggage...and there is no birthday greeting card and welcome cookies as promised for my brother...
Location is very convenient thou, 7 mins walk to the hakata subway and JR station, 20 mins to the airport.
The hotel is a bit aged, think they are celebrating 25th anniversary for the hotel this year. They are still using “key” for the room access. Staff are very polite, but I just do not see the passionate and “one step forward”. I mean hyatt regency is not a budgeted hotel offer grab and go...no bellman, no greetings... and not even offering assistance for luggage...
Being a big fan for the brand...I sincerely hope there is some language improvement and trading on world of hyatt product knowledge.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel two times for business. I have stayed at many Hyatt’s over the years as a Diamond level. I was disappointed with the rooms and accommodations. Tiny rooms, sub standard furnishings, a TV with a remote control in Japanese and after calling the front desk discovered there was only one English Channel. Only tea in the room. No coffee available to get started in the morning.

The staff was very nice and service oriented. The restaurant does have a great buffet.

In my next visit to Fukuoka I will explore other options. This hotel just doesn’t meet my expectations.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JeffB203
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Fukuoka is a decent, high end hotel. While there are better hotels in Fukuoka (including the Grand Hyatt), this hotel is still very nice. I would stay here again.

Some pros:
-friendly staff
-fast and free room wifi (the Hilton Fukuoka Seahawk did not have free room wifi)
-free smart phone with roaming and data that you were able to take out of the room while exploring the city. This was a godsend for me as my U.S. number didn't work in Japan
-good breakfast buffet (I didn't eat there for lunch)

Cons:
-small rooms
-no iron/board in rooms

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Navy G
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My favorite hotel in Fukuoka is the Grand Hyatt hotel in Canal City, however, my second favorite hotel is the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The Grand Hyatt is a newer, very modern, more expensive hotel with the best service. The Hyatt Regency is an older, less expensive hotel nearest to the Hakata train. I like both hotels depending upon if I plan to use the Hakata train station, which I like to walk to. Both hotels are in areas where there are lots of activities and things to do.

I have now stayed at the Hyatt Regency four times this past year alone. My most recent rooms were 1023 and 1125. Both stays were only 14,100 yen per night. I especially enjoyed my upgraded 1125 with a balcony overlooking Chuhie park in front of my hotel. The hotel is only a ten minute walk to the Hakata train station. The hotel was being decorated for the holidays during my most recent visit in early November.

As a Hyatt gold passport member, I always enjoy a complimentary cocktail at the hotel’s very nice classic bar. They make a spectacular margarita, which I enjoyed during my last two visits. My check in and check out during my two most recent visits went smoothly without a hitch.

I will continue to return to either Hyatt depending upon my needs.

Room tip: My room 1125
Date of stay: November 2017