All reviews hakata station expensive hotel baby crib minute walk walking distance nice hotel international airport room was large restaurants and bars centrally located hotel room rate taxi ride per night easy access convenience store japan luggage
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel two times for business. I have stayed at many Hyatt’s over the years as a Diamond level. I was disappointed with the rooms and accommodations. Tiny rooms, sub standard furnishings, a TV with a remote control in Japanese and after calling the front desk discovered there was only one English Channel. Only tea in the room. No coffee available to get started in the morning.

The staff was very nice and service oriented. The restaurant does have a great buffet.

In my next visit to Fukuoka I will explore other options. This hotel just doesn’t meet my expectations.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JeffB203
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Fukuoka is a decent, high end hotel. While there are better hotels in Fukuoka (including the Grand Hyatt), this hotel is still very nice. I would stay here again.

Some pros:
-friendly staff
-fast and free room wifi (the Hilton Fukuoka Seahawk did not have free room wifi)
-free smart phone with roaming and data that you were able to take out of the room while exploring the city. This was a godsend for me as my U.S. number didn't work in Japan
-good breakfast buffet (I didn't eat there for lunch)

Cons:
-small rooms
-no iron/board in rooms

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Navy G
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My favorite hotel in Fukuoka is the Grand Hyatt hotel in Canal City, however, my second favorite hotel is the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The Grand Hyatt is a newer, very modern, more expensive hotel with the best service. The Hyatt Regency is an older, less expensive hotel nearest to the Hakata train. I like both hotels depending upon if I plan to use the Hakata train station, which I like to walk to. Both hotels are in areas where there are lots of activities and things to do.

I have now stayed at the Hyatt Regency four times this past year alone. My most recent rooms were 1023 and 1125. Both stays were only 14,100 yen per night. I especially enjoyed my upgraded 1125 with a balcony overlooking Chuhie park in front of my hotel. The hotel is only a ten minute walk to the Hakata train station. The hotel was being decorated for the holidays during my most recent visit in early November.

As a Hyatt gold passport member, I always enjoy a complimentary cocktail at the hotel’s very nice classic bar. They make a spectacular margarita, which I enjoyed during my last two visits. My check in and check out during my two most recent visits went smoothly without a hitch.

I will continue to return to either Hyatt depending upon my needs.

Room Tip: My room 1125
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We were really surprised at the small size of the rooms, and barely had walking room between the beds and suitcases. But, the lobby was spacious and service was excellent. This hotel is centrally located to train station and department stores, about a six-block 15-minute one-way walk. Good buffet. Would return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This property is not your typical Hyatt! Warn out carpet in hallways. Small rooms with minimal dated furniture. The room was clean, but less than impressive. I have come to expect a higher standard from the Hyatt brand.

Stayed: October 2017