All reviews hakata station expensive hotel baby crib minute walk walking distance nice hotel international airport room was large restaurants and bars centrally located hotel room rate taxi ride per night easy access convenience store japan luggage
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We were really surprised at the small size of the rooms, and barely had walking room between the beds and suitcases. But, the lobby was spacious and service was excellent. This hotel is centrally located to train station and department stores, about a six-block 15-minute one-way walk. Good buffet. Would return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This property is not your typical Hyatt! Warn out carpet in hallways. Small rooms with minimal dated furniture. The room was clean, but less than impressive. I have come to expect a higher standard from the Hyatt brand.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank 414JohnH
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We have yet to stay with the hotel and I am already really disappointed with the service. We are going to be there on a business trip and are booked into a standard room. Using our Asiamiles to redeem for a couple of room-nights after our business stay would mean an upgrade to a better room after our business stay (Asiamiles limits the types of rooms available for redemption). I had emailed to ask if we can remain in our room, and not move to the more expensive room and were told plainly and rudely not. When I had asked why, the staff simply copied and pasted the previous email and re-send it to me. Thanks.

Putting that behind us, I had hoped that the hotel could assist us in the purchasing of 2 tickets to the Sumo Tournament that would take place in Nov on our behalf because the website is blocking overseas purchases and/or also because my Japanese is not the strongest but the tickets are NOT sold out (see image).

Flat out NO - I tried to understand why, only to hear the reply that the tickets are SOLD OUT. Are you kidding me?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We just returned from Japan after a two week vacation with our daughter and son-in-law. We booked it for its close proximity to Hakata train station as we rode the Shinkansen bullet train from Tokyo. We were really impressed with the staff on check in. Very helpful, able to speak enough English. We had tried to get a non smoking floor when booking the rooms 2 months previous, but asked anyway if any non smoking rooms were now available and were told no. The rooms smelled quite strongly of smoke,so the staff offered to do an air purification on both of the rooms. Terrific. Unfortunately it didn't help much but they tried. The next morning we tried the breakfast buffet and that's where the trouble began. My daughter got food poisoning from the salad she ate, and spent the next 2 days in her room. The other problem was in my room. I was using the toilet during the night and felt something crawl across my foot. I quickly spotted a large cock roach on the floor, grabbed some tissue and managed to grab it and flush it down the toilet.
I called the front desk about both problems first thing in the morning and got no response. I also mentioned it to housekeeping. No response either. We would have checked out immediately but my daughter was too sick to move, so we reluctantly stayed one more night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank rpw1955
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Good location, better service, but rooms are small. Better than an usual business hotel. But certainly not a luxury. Internal wooden architecture is nice. Lobby is also spacious. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business