All reviews tenjin station bit dated walking distance convenient location nice breakfast bed was comfortable nice hotel breakfast buffet japanese standards minute walk shopping amenities subway taxi ippudo lobby city
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 6 female friends who were billeted at this lovely hotel from May 17 to 23. No regrets booking here. We made the right choice... perfect location, value for money and most of all - very efficient service! Special mention, concierge Ms. Kotake and her very pretty and tall colleague whose name I can't recall now, were very helpful, patient and gracious in assisting us with all our needs.

Having experienced the great hospitality the staff of this hotel showed us, I am booking another stay at Nishitetsu Grand Hotel for early fall. This time, I'm traveling with my husband who is so intrigued by the many wonderful stories I've shared with him about what Fukuoka had to offer - specially the heavenly taste of Saga beef!

Looking forward to another unforgettable experience!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Rooms are on the big side compared with other hotels I have stayed in visiting Japan. The hotel itself is a bit dated but well kept. The hotel front liners were very helpful from the check in staff and those manning the elevators who never fails to greet you.

The double room we stayed in was just right for me and my wife. Bed was comfortable and had good amenities. What is lacking are outlets and a room safe. Suggest you bring a multiple power sockets to charge your gadgets.

Location was perfect for our visit with restaurants and shopping all around the vicinity of the hotel. Around a 5 - 10 minute walk from the Tenjin station for those taking the subway or bus from the airport. We did the subway when we arrived into the city which was convenient. for our departure and transfer to the airport, the hotel was able to arrange the transfer by getting us 3 jumbo taxis which accommodated our group of 21 pax plus luggage.

Room tip: Bring a multiple power socket for charging you gadgets.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2018

This hotel was a great location near a subway station in Fukuoka and close to local parks. The room was spacious - even by Japanese standards and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and was amazing. It was one of the most comprehensive and delicious buffets of both Japanese and Western food. They also offer a Japanese breakfast with a set menu but would definitely recommend the buffet instead.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy T
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

A big thank you and heartfelt appreciation to Iyonaga San. Yesterday evening, my mum has an emergency. She forgot to bring her medication and have to go to hospital. Iyonaga patiently asked my mum’s condition. Then she made calls to the hospital and explained the situation to them. Because of her help, hospital did a pre registration for my mum. As we can’t speak she also arranged for taxi to send us to hospital. Once arrived at hospital, the rest are a bliss. My mum got her prescription and the medication worked for her. Today we are back on track. We are very blessed to meet a kind person in this foreign land. This hotel is very fortunate to have Iyonaga San as their staff.

Thank you!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We took our 93 years young daddy for one week Kyushu travel, and stayed here for 5 nights given it’s close proximity to few restaurants we wanted to try, the station, and we are most pleased with its location. The car ride to and from hotel was easy and convenient, the hotel is close to station,shopping center, and many restaurants. Public transportation seems quite easy as well, but we mostly ride taxi given we have daddy with us, this is a good hotel with good location and very good service!

Date of stay: December 2017