“Unforgettable experience”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2018

My son and I visited this restaurant as it was recommended by a friend.
We booked a table for 2 weeks in advance. They're quite insistent in having your credit card details and the reservation confirmed a day before your visit.
When we showed up at the agreed time, the lady at the reception was quite surprised and told us that without reservation, the restaurant was fully booked. After reconfirming we did have a reservation and showing the email confirmation, it turned out I booked the same restaurant but in Ginza ! So that is when you see they are professionals. A quick call to Ginza to cancel the reservation over there and we were moved into the restaurant. Quite to our surprise, there was plenty of space in the restaurant.
Service throughout dinner was topnotch. All dishes were presented in a very beautiful way and the waiter explained everything into detail.
The teppanyaki was a great show. The first cook was specialized in lobster. He prepared and cooked it right in front of us. The lobster was delicious. The guy knew what he was doing. He surprised us with an outstanding vegetable sauce. The beef was cooked by another cook with whom we also had a nice conversation. It was obvious she did not speak a lot of English, but she was very entertaining.We had the beef cooked medium rare and that was exactly the way it came. Our first kobe beef experience was fantastic. The meat was very tender.
Apart from those two main dishes we were treated with extraordinary miso, a soup, all kinds of salads, sushi with a slice of beef and a bowl of rice
We had dessert in the adjacent room that looked like a very enjoyable living room. Coffee was excellent.
Even if it was our first experience with Kobe beef, we do eat a lot of beef in general and I have become an absolute fan of Kobe Plaisir.
Whenever I will be back in Japan, I will certainly return, here in Kobe or in Ginza !

1  Thank Nico S

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We loved the polite japanese way of serving all over Japan. However in this restaurant it was not unreal. The meet was, as we expected, very good. However you can get more for your money in other restaurants. 10 % is addes to the bill, which is very unusual in Japan.
If you just want to try kobe beef, it's maybe better to look somewhere else.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We have the multi course meal with Kobe beef and it was excellent! Service and food was awesome and we had a great experience. This place was hard to book and it’s recommended to book early by email or phone. You eat your meal around the teppan and then dessert and coffee is served in a nice lounge

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

As we know we got to try out the beef in kobe. My friend brought me to this restaurant as she said their steam beef is special. We ordered the medium range price set and most expensive range set. One thing here is either one set must order 2 portion, which means 3 of us cannot had 3 different set. We must have 2 same set plus 1 different set. This kind of rule apply in some japan restaurant as well. The steam kobe beef is really delicious. I felt like it melt in my mouth once I put in. Price is not cute but the food is delicious.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations has announced on 23 October 2017 that Kobe Plaisir「神戸プレジール」本店(兵庫県神戸市中央区)used a lower graded Tajima beef instead of Kobe beef from April 2016 to October 2017. The restaurant earned a price difference of 10 million yen over the said period by selling non-genuine Kobe beef.

You may find the detailed information on ZEN-NOH website, Kobe's local newpaper and different news channels.

Think twice if you visit this restaurant for Kobe beef.

15  Thank KevinY1471