All reviews rice minute walk business hotel walking distance tv tower subway station shampoo yen english lobby nagoya size japan
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Spent a week in and around Nagoya and made Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki as my base, even when I visited Hida-Takayama up north to experience snow in Shirakawa, etc. The room was, like many Japanese hotels, small, but it was okay with me. The bed was comfortable. In fact i always end up sound asleep the moment I lay on the bed. It had a window where sunrise peps through every morning, and a bathroom that felt like an enclosure. Breakfast was served at the ground floor daily until I think 9AM. The menu didn't change much but it was adequate. The area outside is so much alive even at 3AM. I remember waking up in the wee hours because I slept upon arrival and didn't have dinner. At 3 degrees C in March, people were milling around the brightly lit streets - see photo. There are several convenience stores around the area - 3 7-11's, and other convenience stores open 24 hours. You have to deposit the key at the front desk everytime you leave, which was alright by me. The subway station was nearby, some 3 blocks away. In the evening, upon aligting from the subway, I am always greeted by the TV Tower, so you know that you're practically in the Sakae area where social activities abound. Meitetsu is a great place. It is not luxurious but it is practical... unless you're a big person that requires more space, then consider an upgrade. My standard room was alright by me. I would stay here again.If you're a couple though, you may need a bigger room. again, consider an upgrade.

By the way, the place is clean and maintained daily. Internet is fast and dependable. Elevators aren't busy despite seemingly having full capacity during my whole stay in Nagoya.

Room Tip: Couples have to consider getting an upgrade from a standard room which is quite small for 2 people.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Meitetsu(名鉄) Hotel chain is one of subsidiaries of Nagoya Railroad co.,LTD(名古屋 鉄道), major private railway company in this area.
The room was clean, functional and spacious. Chic atmosphere and helpful staffs were as same as other Meitetsu Hotel, in stead of flamboyant.
Besides, Breakfast won my heart and mind !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I have been staying here 4 nights for business and I’m impressed of the great quality price balance!

Big room with outstanding bathroom. Very clean and nice.

For breakfast you can choose between Western and Japanese food. Very efficient.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Malte S
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Clean, courteous staff, strategic location, abundant breakfast, good WIFI coverage :)

We stayed for 5 nights.

You need to leave your room key every time you go out of the hotel.

Rooms are cut for asian-size guests like us.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here only one night but overall the hotel was good. I called the reception around 22:00 after the unexpected lengthy meeting with customer but I could secure two single rooms. Price was JPY5,500/room/person including breakfast. Breakfast is buffet style and you can enjoy curry and rice too. It's open from 06:30 to 09:30.

The only negative point was bathtub. It seems someone's hair was clogged and water was not draining well, meaning I felt I was in pond during 15-minute shower time.

Room was clean and easy access from downtown Nagoya. Could be good place for short stay in Nagoya.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business