All reviews family mart pole town airport bus tanukikoji shopping street return airport odori park perfect location small problem shopping area reasonable price hotel lobby within walking distance the hotel is clean on foot easy access single room nijo fish market
Reviewed 14 August 2018

1. Clean and decent size room for single stay
2. Location: Near to JR stations and meetup point for guide tours as well as airport transfer
3. Convenient: Family mart and shops rite at their door step
4. Safety: Felt safe staying there as a single traveller
Overall, I am satisfied with my hotel experience @ Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SGtravellerSummer
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We arrived at 11 am and were given a room on the 3rd floor facing an inner courtyard.
It was clean and quiet but very small. Surprisingly, Sapporo has a large number of crows and our morning wake-up calls were by squawking crows and not song birds. The fastest way to get to the hotel from the airport is by JR train to Sapporo station and then by subway to Susukino station which is a 10-min walk to the hotel. The hotel staff are friendly and we thank them for giving us a room when we arrived in the morning - arigatoo gozaimas.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sunroute_new_sapporo, 広報担当マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for sharing a review on tripadvisor.

I'm sorry that you couln't wake up with calm morning call.

We appreciate your compliment about our staff.
On behalf of the staff, I would like to express my gratitude for your review.

We look forward to your next visit.

Takuro Endo
Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stated at this hotel for 3 days total, with 2 check-ins spaced 2 nights apart, and the hotel was able to hold my luggage for me while I visited Noboribetsu Onsen and Hakodate during those 2 nights. This is very nice.

While I was in Sapporo, it was during the weekend of the Yasakoi Soran festival and the hotel location couldn't have been better for going to Odori Park on foot to see all the dance performances. The location also allows for easy access to Susukino and all the restaurants and dining options there. It was easy to reach from the airport (there is an airport bus that stops a few blocks from the hotel). Overall, great stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sunroute_new_sapporo, Chief at Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear ZueYun X,

Thank you for selecting us out of the many possible places here.
And We appreciate your kind compliments.

We eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Takuro Endo
Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd hotel for this trip and it is the worst I have come across in terms of japanese hospitality. The staff seemed very cold and unfriendly. Compared to other hotels, i do not feel welcome at all. The rooms are really tiny and feels dirty. It is really aged and needs a major sprucing up. The only thing you are paying for here is the location. You are very close to most shopping places but really, it is not even worth it at all. I rather live in a further, much cleaner and friendlier place. The rooms dont even come with complimentary water and no breakfast as well.

But, the room clean up was good. The cleaning person was meticulous and tidy.

How can you change? Please get your staff to be more friendly and welcoming. There is no initiative whatsoever and hardly any communication. I am very displeased with the standard of hospitality because being in Japan and already experiencing 2 other hotels at the same price range, i would say i’m very disappointed. And your rooms really need to be brightened up and cleaned. There are dirt marks everywhere and the bed and pillow are too soft from usage. They do not give any proper support.

I’m sorry to say but I feel this will be my first and last stay at a Suneoute hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sunroute_new_sapporo, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear armani123sg,

Thank you for sharing your review with us.
I would really like to apologise for disppointing you at your stay.
We will share your review about our staff and rooms.

As you pointed out,
We must reevaluate our hospitality and also study english harder to communicate with all customers.
And we are making improvements with brighting up our rooms and bedding.

I apliciate your mentions how we can change although you wouldn't like to stay again.
We will do our best to have you stay again some day.

Yours very sincerely,

Reviewed 18 May 2018

located in Tanukikoji arcade shopping centre. easy to go airport by shuttle bus because bus stop just opposite the hotel. We arrived early 11.00 a.m. and rooms are available so, we'd early checked-in, so impressive.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sunroute_new_sapporo, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute New Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for sharing a review on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your compliment.
We look forward to meeting you.

Best regards,