All reviewsinari stationfamily martconvenience storewalking distancekeihan railwayturn leftnice hotelquiet neighborhoodwifi connectionby footsmall bathroomspoke good englishwould definitely stay here againbed was comfortablebus stopshrinestops
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Clean rooms, nice location, 10 minutes walking from the JR train station and 5 minutes walking from the metro station. Breakfast is offered for 500 yenes, well served. I don't recommend the food out of the breakfast time, because it's all from the market.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luciana F
UrbanHotelKyoto, フロントデスク at Urban Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Thank you for stayed our hotel.
There are 3 stations near our hotel.
About breakfast, almost shop and restaurant are closing in the morning.
But there is bakery shop next our hotel. It's very nice shop.
If you come again, please go to try it.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

The hotel locates about ten minutes walk from Kaihan Line and about fifteen minutes walk from JR Inari station. Besides that, there are convenient stores, NTT Docomo shop, restaurants and post office (for international ATM) nearby. The front desk opens 24 hours. The staffs are very nice and friendly. The key is the old styled key which guests have to deposit with front desk staffs before going out every time. I think this is good and nice policy. I'm confident with the security system as I had to show either my passport or key envelop for front staffs to check with their system before they give me the key. The room size is small, but not the problem of mine as I travel alone and I have a small asian body size. For people who has big body size may have to reconsider before making decision, because you may have problem with the shower. The heating and warm shower system works perfectly for me. The internet Wifi is just the best and very fast. Even though my room 1320 is right at the front of the building, I did not here any noise from the road. I think the building has good acoustic design. Besides, the room has window. This is way better than any hotel in a big city that I have been. The housekeeping did a great job on cleaning the room and keep replacing towels everyday. There are toiletry available for any of whom don't carry them with you. I room rate was a good deal and it had the same rate with other shared room hotel. Every floor has vending machine for drinks and washing machine for self servicing. I can see the mountainous range view from my room even it 's on third floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on corner at the front have nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank AonnyDarby
UrbanHotelKyoto, frontdesk at Urban Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
We are pleasure to hear your feedback.
We have 2 types of breakfast. Japanese and Western Style buffet breakfast and continental breakfast which toast is ordered from popular bakery in Kyoto.
Both breakfasts are become popular and satisfied from guests.
If you have a chance, please try it .

And we do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel during a future visit to Kyoto.

Urban hotel Kyoto
Takashima

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I stayed in August 2015 for two nights here. Located relatively near to Fushimi Inari Shrine and JR Inari Station. It'll take you 15-20mins walking from the shrine & the station to the hotel, depends on your pace. The walking experience was interesting, you'll pass the Japanese neighbourhood, a river (if you're using google maps, it'll suggest to use this shortcut) and train track in the neighbourhood with small alley. The receptionist was nice and helpful, don't hesitate to ask them for direction. Though, I found the room was a bit small but it was enough for two persons. There is a small Japanese style bath up attached in the bathroom. I suggest you to book it online before your arrival.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Fayluna
UrbanHotelKyoto, frontdesk at Urban Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Thank you for your comments and feedback! We will be sure to share them with our team.

If you have chance to come our hotel again, please try breakfast.
it become popular and polular, You will like it I think.

Front desk Takashima

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Must try the breakfast buffet! Generous amount of food & selection! Good size room & clean facility. This facility is used by local & international travellers alike. I will visit again on the next visit!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
UrbanHotelKyoto, FRONT DESK at Urban Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Thank you for your review and thank your staying.
As the breakfast, you can choose two type of menu.
1. buffet … Obanzai(Kyoto style Dishes),Tohu,curry,chirashi-zushi,bread
2. Danish morning … Danish toast,salad,boiled egg
When you come to our hotel, please try another one!
It is popular with many people.
We look forward to your next visit.

Front Desk
Kiriyama

Reviewed 13 December 2015

The staffs are very generous! Even the female clerk helped us with our luggages!

The room may seem small but it is what we expected. There's a restaurant at the lobby and also a cafe. You can even buy souvenirs in the lobby.

The place is 15 mins away from the famous Inari Shrine and Inari Station.

Stayed: December 2015
2  Thank hellorianna
UrbanHotelKyoto, FRONTDESK at Urban Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
We are pleasure to hear your review.
We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel during a future visit to Kyoto.

Frontdesk