1,453 results
All reviews wedding venue bridal suite city centre lovely hotel designer outlet car park country house john barry four poster bed every member of staff bus stop full english cooked breakfast enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent short break stayed for one night
Reviewed 12 July 2018

A little outside York , but a quirky interesting building . Takes about half an hour to walk into the city centre , but a pleasant walk along the river , and it's on a bus route . The rooms are comfortable , with tea and coffee provided . A lot of creaky corridors have to be negotiated to the rooms!! Breakfast was good with an impressive buffet of cereals and fruits , plus the usual breads and pastries . The hot food was cooked to order and was excellent . A pleasant outdoor area was lovely for a drink , and the bar was cosy .

Room Tip: No lifts , so lower floors for those who have mobility problems . We had 37 , very nice garden view .
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Irene C, Owner at Best Western York Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - do give Matthew a call on 01904 622099 and he will be sure to book you a great room at the best price!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was booked for my 40th by my partner and was a very lovely surprise stay.

On entry, the hotel presents an old fashioned persona and we were inquisitive about the decor and the wedding taking place there. It's a beautiful place for a wedding/reception.

Sitting outside was pleasant. It was like being sat in the countryside with a beer. Yet, the room itself contained all the modern facilities needed.

In contrast, the two spiders that lingered in the room really didn't inspire me. It was the first time I've seen spiders in a hotel room. However, our room backed into bushes outside and I'm sure this would have influenced their choice in 'home'.

The staff were friendly and helpful, all dressed smartly whilst arranging rooms (presumably for the wedding).

The only down fall would be that the car park was limited, with no real bays to park in, just a stony area to squeeze into.

The city centre was about a 20 minute walk, but there were plenty of buses heading that way; although, it was a pleasant walk into the centre. There is also a local pub about 100 metres from the hotel where staff were friendly and the meal was pleasant.

Couples wanting a quiet retreat: great. Families wanting to explore York: maybe not. Too small for young children, in my opinion.

Would stay here again. My partner made a perfect choice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Irene C, Owner at Best Western York Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your 40th birthday celebrations with us.

I will pass your feedback onto my team who will also be delighted to hear that you had a great weekend.

I do hope that I can welcome you back in the very near future, just give Matthew a call on 01904 622099 and he will take care of everything for you.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2nights for a wedding a lovely hotel and lovely rooms , staff were all very helpfull.our riom was noisy on the first night due to another wedding on so didnt get much sleep great breakfast with plenty to offer.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Do call Matthew on 01904 622099 when you next book and he can make sure you are allocated a quieter room.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Strange experience. We were allocated an apartment over the road, which was a lifesaver really, as the hotel seems to have decided to concentrate on parties - weddings mostly, so consequently the main building can get very noisy until late.The apartments are nice and quiet, given the very busy road and we slept well, by and large. Obviously some guests can`t close doors without slamming them and seem to walk like elephants upstairs, but that isn`t the hotel`s fault.
We booked breakfast for the 3 mornings - weekends seem to be chaotic - the hotel seems to have bitten off more than it can chew, as breakfast is served over several small rooms with part self-service buffet and part table service. You run the risk of having your plate knocked out of your hand as you negotiate the small spaces and the speedy staff - it all felt a bit stressed - especially when the guy in charge of the waiting staff decided to bawl-out one poor lad in front of all the guests for practically nothing - not impressive nor professional behaviour. Monday was much better - quieter and much more chilled - different guy in charge - quite pleasant. Food is very nice and decent value so long as you pre-book it. They charge a lot more if you don`t.
Car parking can be an issue - we were lucky but it was always in the back of your mind - why have double the rooms that you have spaces for in the car park? The staff were mostly (except that one guy) very pleasant and professional. The restaurant guy seems a bit too Basil Fawlty really. We didn`t eat there in the evening as the menu seemed a bit pretentious. Overall, it is a pretty-place with some nice qualities but a bit over-priced and up-itself for what it actually offers.

Room Tip: Get an apartment over the road
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Once again I’d like to thank the staff of The Pavilion, as they have looked after me once again and nothing was too much trouble, with what I asked for. Special thanks go out to Polly, Kamil, Josh, Abbie and Lorna.

For anyone wanting to say at The Pavilion, I would recommend it 100%.

Looking forward to my next stay.

Dave :-)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that you are being well looked after and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.