1,439 results
All reviewswestern hotelswedding venuebridal suitecity centrelovely hoteldesigner outletcar parkcountry housejohn barrybus servicefour poster bedevery member of staffbus stopfull englishcooked breakfastenjoyable staybreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Strange experience. We were allocated an apartment over the road, which was a lifesaver really, as the hotel seems to have decided to concentrate on parties - weddings mostly, so consequently the main building can get very noisy until late.The apartments are nice and quiet, given the very busy road and we slept well, by and large. Obviously some guests can`t close doors without slamming them and seem to walk like elephants upstairs, but that isn`t the hotel`s fault.
We booked breakfast for the 3 mornings - weekends seem to be chaotic - the hotel seems to have bitten off more than it can chew, as breakfast is served over several small rooms with part self-service buffet and part table service. You run the risk of having your plate knocked out of your hand as you negotiate the small spaces and the speedy staff - it all felt a bit stressed - especially when the guy in charge of the waiting staff decided to bawl-out one poor lad in front of all the guests for practically nothing - not impressive nor professional behaviour. Monday was much better - quieter and much more chilled - different guy in charge - quite pleasant. Food is very nice and decent value so long as you pre-book it. They charge a lot more if you don`t.
Car parking can be an issue - we were lucky but it was always in the back of your mind - why have double the rooms that you have spaces for in the car park? The staff were mostly (except that one guy) very pleasant and professional. The restaurant guy seems a bit too Basil Fawlty really. We didn`t eat there in the evening as the menu seemed a bit pretentious. Overall, it is a pretty-place with some nice qualities but a bit over-priced and up-itself for what it actually offers.

Room Tip: Get an apartment over the road
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Once again I’d like to thank the staff of The Pavilion, as they have looked after me once again and nothing was too much trouble, with what I asked for. Special thanks go out to Polly, Kamil, Josh, Abbie and Lorna.

For anyone wanting to say at The Pavilion, I would recommend it 100%.

Looking forward to my next stay.

Kind regards,

Dave :-)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Irene C, Owner at Best Western York Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that you are being well looked after and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Irene Cossins
Proprietor

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Thought we would book last minute stay to York for my birthday. I have stayed at Best Western hotels before and have enjoyed every stay and never had any problems. Arrived at the hotel nearly two hours early because of the limited parking at the venue. Could not park at all and went into reception to be told that there was a birthday party and a wedding on at the same time, so we had to park on the street. At the time of booking we were not told this information and quite frankly would not have booked this hotel. When we spoke to the manager Adam about this and requested a refund he was basically very arrogant and rude and raised his voice to us several times through the conversation and then refused to deal with us anymore and sent another staff member to attend to us. After over an hour later we did finally receive a full refund but not an apology from the manager himself. I recommend some customer service training!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel. Room really gorgeous and huge. Could even smell the new carpet when you walked in the room. Had a fabulous meal in the evening and breakfast was excellent with brilliant choice. The staff couldn't do enough for us. Thanks to Katie in the restuarant and Kim and Sandra at breakfast as well as lovely reception staff. Can thoroughly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Irene C, Owner at Best Western York Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass your feedback onto my team, especially the Restaurant and kitchen who will be delighted.

The next time you are looking to stay, do give Matthew a call on 01904 622099.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes,

Irene Cossins
Proprietor

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed here for our son’s wedding. Most of the wedding party had a meal in the evening which was pricey for the portions of food we received. Our first night’s sleep was disturbed by the constant drone of the air conditioning unit, the reception staff sorted this out for us at about 01:30. In the morning I spoke to reception and they only had 1 room available for us to move to but this was too small because we had our grandson sharing our room, but they assured me they would have the air conditioning unit turned off later that night. They were also surprised that we had heard the noise as ‘it was usually only the people in the rooms in the 50s that had reported it in the past’. When we went back to our room at 11:30 to get ready for the wedding it had not been made up, perhaps the management should look at how they prioritise what rooms will need making up when they have wedding guests staying, The actual wedding, reception and evening function went extremely well, thanks for that. When we went to bed the drone was there again but the night reception staff turned if off as soon as I went down stairs, unfortunately it came back on at 07:30 the next morning. For an upgraded room we found it quite small, especially when we had to accommodate an extra bed. Our son was also staying and had arranged for a cot for their two year old daughter to be in the room, it was there but without a mattress or bedding, they ended up having to share their bed with her.

Room Tip: Don,t stay in rom 47
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family