1,862 results
All reviews master suite lovely hotel steam room evening meal relaxing break lovely grounds my partner no lift night break following morning short break changing rooms one night stay food was lovely enjoyable stay birthday treat cheshire oaks
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

OK.. I made a booking error in that I booked the 4th at 2239 instead of the 11th.
Arrived at hotel on 11th, and what was obviously an error, the hotel wouldn't move my booking.
Had to pay another £119 (OK slightly discounted and upgraded).
The (upgraded room) was really poor, stains on walls, dirty stained carpet, furniture marked and chipped, wallpaper ripped and stained. Sockets not working, lamps not working, beverage trolley really wobbly and dangerous, especially as you boiled the kettle on it.
Corridor floor boards were really noisy.
Food was decent enough and the staff service always polite and prompt.
Booking issues aside the poor quality of the room is enough for me not to stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank nigel t
Aled Humphreys, General Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2020

Dear Nigel t

Thank you for taking the time to write your review which is obviously harsh due to the fact that we declined your request not the charge you for the stay on the 11th December due to not arriving for your initial pre-paid reservation on the 4th December.

The room in which you stayed in is a Superior Room, yes there are a few marks on the walls, but the lights work, all the sockets work.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our team.

Yours sincerely

Aled Humphrey

Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

We booked two twin rooms for our family of four. The hotel is attractive and we were looking forward to a relaxing experience and a swim in the pool. On check in I asked to book a time to use the pool that afternoon / evening. The receptionist told us to look in the info pack he gave us. When we got to our rooms and looked in the pack and tried to book access to the pool, we were told there was no availability in part because of reduced numbers in the pool as a result of covid but also because external members use the pool. The pool was the reason why we booked the hotel so we were disappointed. The only session we could book was at 7 am the following morning which was earlier than we would have liked and then for only 3 of our party. A staff member did call our room at 730 am to advise a regular member had left so there was now availability for one extra person in the pool for 30 minutes which was appreciated.
One of the rooms we were allocated was smaller than i would have expected and extremely ‘tired’. Furnishings were very worn and unattractive. Lamps had serious scorch marks and curtains couldnt be easily closed without standing on a chair to encourage the rings to travel over a flexible pole. Wallpaper was lifting from the walls and needed cleaning. The small bathroom had three flies in it when we checked in and a small window. We called reception and they came to spray the bathroom but further flies appeared in both bathrooms overnight. In the better room if you sat in the chair at the dresser there was no filling so most uncomfortable and the fitted wardrobe was bashed and marked.
We ate out that evening but were looking forward to enjoying breakfast which was included in our rate the next morning. The meat eaters among us were happy and our kids loved the pancakes with syrup. As a vegan my choice was limited, no soya based yoghurt available, avocados which were on the menu were not available. I asked for fruit tea and the waitress thought they might have ‘a strawberry one somewhere’. I had got some tea bags with me so just asked for boiling water. After asking three times it finally appeared.
On checkout we mentioned the flies issue, and were thanked for the information.
The communal areas of this hotel seemed very nice but my advice is book a more expensive room. This was so much less of a treat than we were expecting.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Aled Humphreys, General Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

Dear angelamE2179HB

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay at Rowton Hall.

I was disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that you found your accommodation dated. I will share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

My sincere apologies that you were unable to use the pool as your preferred time, we have put policies in place to ensure the wellbeing of our guests, members and team here at the hotel during this time.

Your feedback with regards to the choices at breakfast has been discussed with the breakfast time.

Once again thank for you taking the time to write your review.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for a date night, we had the dinner, bed and breakfast with a complimentary bottle of win deal. The room was basic but spotlessly clean with everything you need for a night away. Staff were so friendly and nothing was a problem. Evening food was fine and the complimentary wine was off good standard. The breakfast was very good, I can definitely recommend this place and the offer.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyRyan
Aled Humphreys, General Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Dear JonnyRyan

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review following your recent stay to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable a stay with us, and your meal in the restaurant. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.

We look forward to welcome you all back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa again very soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

We wanted a short break and we got it. This is a lovely hotel and the staff are all so nice . I think the menu could be a bit more imaginative , but overall it was fine , and generous portions. The grounds are lovely however a bit wet in october to explore , we will return in the summer and go on some walks . It is dog friendly which is a big bonus for us

Date of stay: October 2020
Aled Humphreys, General Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Dear 340cliveb

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review following your recent stay to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had such and enjoyable a stay with us, I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.

We look forward to welcome you all back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa again in the Summer.

Reviewed 26 October 2020

We came across this wonderful hotel by chance when looking for somewhere to celebrate my friends 70th birthday after our cruise was cancelled. We where originally attracted by the web site photographs of the stunning grounds. Don’t get the wrong idea, yes we are in our 70’s and yes we like to cruise but we have sophisticated tastes for fine dining, beautiful surroundings and a barman who can mix a decent martini. We found it all at Rowton Hall and so much more. Check in was friendly and efficient. We where escorted to our delightful rooms, I felt like I was walking into a bedroom at Downton Abbey. I had a massive bed, refined period furniture with fine linens and a tray of delights including coffee, tea, milk, biscuits and mineral water. The situation with Covid 19 had insured that the room was not just clean but surgically clean. The bathroom had an enormous tub, a sink almost big enough to bathe in, delightfully soft towels warmed on a heated towel rail and splendid Elemis toiletries.
After quickly depositing our clothes in the dressing area it was time to test the barman, wow he didn’t disappoint!
We enjoyed several cocktails including a fabulous Martini and welcomed enthusiastically the complimentary Prosecco and very tasty canapés served as a prelude to dinner. Our dinner on both nights was delicious. I can’t fault this hotel and highly recommend it. I thank and congratulate the management and wonderful staff and hope to see you all again soon

Dear Cocoa8948

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review following your recent stay at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa to celebrate your friends 70th birthday.

I was delighted to read that you had such and enjoyable and restful stay with us and enjoyed both the Martini and dinner, I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, especially the bar team.

We look forward to welcome you back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa very soon for more Martinis and relaxation.