“Friends birthday meal excellent”
Review of The Strath Tavern

The Strath Tavern
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Description: An 18th century coaching inn serving good quality home cooked meals and chargrilled steaks in a traditional beamed ceiling bar or a quieter, family friendly dining room.
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday night. Everything was excellent. Great selection of gin and beer. Fish pie good. Banoffee Eton mess pudding excellent. Great place.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just visited this tavern . It isn’t much to look at on the outside but don’t be put off ! There is a bar and small seated area as you walk in and then a larger restaurant at the back of the establishment. The service was prompt and staff were polite and accommodating. The menu was extensive with a choice to suit all tastes . The food was superb . My daughter loved her fajitas !
Highly recommend this tavern. We will return.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Friendly welcome by staff. Good choice of popular dishes, well cooked and presented. I had the steak pie which was as good as any I've ever tasted, my wife had the battered haddock which again was well cooked and excellent sized portions. Not a large establishment so you will need to book.

Heather M, Owner at The Strath Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really do appreciate it and I will pass on your comments to our staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We had mothers day lunch at the Strath Tavern on Sunday,I had the fish which i have had many times and this was up to the usual excellent standard. ,My wife and daughter had one of the specials on offer (roast beef and Yorkshires) also excellent.
We have eaten here on numerous visits and have never been disappointed with either the quality and variety on offer

Heather M, Owner at The Strath Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you very much for your comments. We very much value all of our all of our customers and appreciate the continued support we receive from both regular local residents and visitors alike. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Having eaten here quite a few times we decided to visit again today. After ordering drinks we surveyed the menu to find the only meat on offer was in the salads. Other menu dishes included, chicken curry, battered haddock, haddock morney, mac n cheese, scampi, but no meat ie steak pie or sausage and mash.
Ordered starters of ham and lentil soup and mozzarella sticks with salad.
The soup which is normally very good and partially chunky was actually bland and looked as if it had been liquidised. The mozzarella sticks were served with the smallest salad I have ever seen and were also pretty bland.
Mains were haddock chips and peas and the mac n cheese. The chips were undercooked for my liking and the peas were cold the fish was nice but tasted more of batter than the fish. The mac n cheese was extremely thick/ stodgy and rather unpleasant and therefore went mostly uneaten.
Having the proprietor sit opposite us whilst eating doing her stock ordering was off putting at least.
I realise the spell of bad weather recently will have an effect on stock and meals on offer but the limited offerings was poor

Heather M, Owner at The Strath Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Firstly I cannot understand your comment about no meat being on offer. Steak pie is one of our biggest sellers and is on the lunch menu that you were given. We very rarely run out of steak pie because it is such a big seller and we certainly have not been low on stock of it this week. Similarly haddock and macaroni are in the top 5 biggest sellers and we have received previous reviews regarding how lovely they are. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your lunch but I can assure you that the food on offer this week was no different to the food that we frequently receive good reviews for. I can only assume therefore that it was just not to your taste and even with the best of establishments it is unreasonable to assume that this will not happen sometime.