“Only fools and three courses”

CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Last Christmas I got my husband tickets to see only fools and three courses in the city north hotel with an overnight stay. We arrived and was greeted by a lovely man on reception ,1st impressions were this is nice, it was,check-in was fast,the room was perfect, clean and big with plenty of extra pillows,the bar was lovely,food was amazing and big portions. The show was so funny we didn't know what to expect it was brilliant. Patrick who's in charge of functions was so organized and friendly. All in all we couldn't find any faults with either the hotel or show. Would I recommend this hotel yes I would.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
CityNorth, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Hi Audrey W,

Thank you very much for your five star review of CityNorth Hotel.

Im delighted to hear you enjoyed your Only Fools and Three Courses overnight package.

Your lovely comments have been passed onto all the staff and to the cast of Only Fools.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here twice now and have been really disappointed with the hotel this stay. The hotel seems to have a lot of staff however the service is so poor and woefully slow. We ate at the hotel, six meals, five came out, one didn't and we had our meal ate before the sixth meal was brought out. We asked for some bread and when it came it was blue moulded. Nothing was removed from the bill until I told the Supervisor how poor the experience had been, they took the sixth meal off the bill in fairness. The concert we were going to was cancelled, which is not the hotels problem, however we thought they might have offered some discount, more fool us! £139 each room, we checked and there are hotels in Dublin City a lot cheaper so thanks but no thanks. Cannot see any of us staying there again. Seems to me they need to focus somewhat on customer service and ensure those staying at the hotel are looked after properly, lacks good management.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BigCMac

Hi BigCMac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review CityNorth Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear you had such a negative experience during your stay.

If possible could you please send your contact details to info@citynorthhotel.com and a member of the management team will be in touch regarding this issue.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

First of all when walking in with my 3 children the turning door caught my daughters foot and I had to stop the door and pull her foot out not one member of staff helped or asked if she was ok she's only two! There was drawings on the wall and table in our room.Then at dinner we waited an hour and a half for pizza and a wrap and steak as the waiting staff got the order wrong twice!as you can imagine waiting that length of time with 3 kids under 4 was a nightmare!! Once food arrived nobody checked on us for drinks or anything afterwards at payment nobody apologised or asked how the food was manners wouldn't go a miss.during eatting I had another person staying at the hotel come over and knee down beside me and place her phone on charge asking me if it rang to come get her!!I found this extremely rude!! Waiting staff had told her to plug it in here. Later that night we where awoke at 1.45 by a group of drunk men next door shouting and laughing and reading from the Bible like they where doing witchcraft!chanting!woke up my 3 kids one of which is 8months so after a long day of travelling and poor service it got worse.i would not recommend this hotel to families at all or anyone who cares about standard of service.we are always travelling to different hotels on trips and even though this is a 4 star I've never been in worse hotel!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ACONeill2017
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

This is our 8th visit in past 18 months. We always stay here when flying out of Dublin. The staff are so helpful and professional. Rooms really comfortable. We leave our car here for our city break an the hotel provides free shuttle bus to an from airport. This is very reasonably priced an makes our airport experience very relaxing. I have recommended citynorth to all our friends.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
CityNorth, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Hi janetjen1,

Thank you very much for your five star review of CityNorth Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at CityNorth Hotel.

Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay, park and fly in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I used the park and ride facility at this hotel. Reception Staff most professional. Dinner poor--a burger in a floury bap must have been made with concrete and not flour. Was not asked by staff in bar at any point for a view on the meal--so I decided not to volunteer one !!!! Breakfast was good--hard to get that meal wrong !!!!
Serive to airport excellent.

Good value for money--bar meal in evening.

Room Tip: Aaway from motor way side
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ian-ctn

Hello Ian-ctn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review CityNorth Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you found our reception staff very professional and that you enjoyed your breakfast and shuttle coach.

I am very disappointed to hear that your evening meal was not to its usual standard, this issue has been passed onto our head chef and will be looked into.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on another occasion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
16.3 km away
17.0 km away
Ashbourne Court Hotel
Ashbourne Court Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!