“90th birthday party”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
WICKLOW
“90th birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

we stayed at this hotel for my aunts party one of the nicest hotels we have stayed food was lovely and the staff were so nice helpful and friendly

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Andrew T, General Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Ashley009,
Thank you for your recent contribution to TripAdvisor. I am so pleased you and your family had such a good experience at the City North Hotel for your Aunt's 90th Birthday. It was a pleasure for us to look after you all and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Andrew Thomas General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
NI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed here for one night. Clean comfortable accommodation with free wifi. Asked for directions to a function we were going to and Staff printed off map for us. Ate in the bar - speedy service and good variety of food on the menu. Anyone requiring 'slimming world' meals would have plenty of choice as these are highlighted on the bar menu. Breakfast good selection, staff were quite busy setting up tables for another function and I had to ask for tea,toast, glasses etc but not a problem they arrived quickly. Our room was facing the motorway and the noise from traffic could be a bit of a problem if you are a light sleeper. Ask for a room facing the car park if this is the case. Out of town, convenient stopover if travelling to Dublin airport with 24 hr shuttle bus to airport. Would I stay here again, yes.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear AMD3523
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you would consider staying with us again and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. We have taken a lot of time to design the content of our menus and hope there is something for everyone.
Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

A good solid value for money hotel. Friendly staff, good food and comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed March 2012
Andrew T, General Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Blackb3ard,
Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed in the City North hotel quite a few times now, mainly to avail of the park, stay and fly package as I fly a lot to the UK. I have always found it to be an excellent service, a lovely hotel with friendly staff. great rooms and good food. I just wanted to share the reverse park, fly and stay which myself and my husband did when we stayed there in February.. We were flying to London on a Frday morning, didnt need to be at the airport until 11am and we were flying back Sunday night arriving back at 10pm, We were meeting friends and family on the Sunday for a social occassion and we both liked the idea of being able to have a few drinks with our meal so I emailed the hotel and asked if we could park up Friday morning, avail of the shuttle bus and the pick up Sunday evening, stay in the hotel Sunday night and safely drive home Monday morning, The manageress could not have been more helpful , she gave us a fantastic rate and it worked out really great. We had a great day with family on the Sunday before leaving for Heathrow. I was even able to have a glass of wine with my meal at the airport when our flight was delayed by 4o minutes. The shuttle bus was ther waiting for us and it was back to the hotel for a great nights sleep before getting into the car Monday morning and safely driving home. Both my husband and myself believe in zero alcohol when driving and we were able to relax and have a great time. I would recommend the reverse park fly and stay at the City North Hotel to anyone who wants to make the most of their trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank patricia880
Andrew T, General Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear paricia880,
Thank you for recent review on TripAdvisor.
It is great to hear that you were well looked after on your last visit with us. The stay and fly offer is very popular with our guests as it takes the hassle out of airport parking and fees. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Living in the area we decided to go for Sunday Lunch and look for a suitable venue to book our daughters Communion. Unfortunatly we knew as soon as we arrived that this was not going to be the place for our daughters big day. The Carvery was a nothing short of a joke Dry Beef , Pork or Salmon all of which looked terrible. The only veg appart from potatoes looked like they came straight from the freezer. No options for kids at all. We ended up ordering 2 carvery dinners and from the "kids" menu. This ment that both myself and my wife were finished by the time our kids dinners arrived. Total Joke ! One kids dinner arrived on its own discusting tomato soup not suitable for a child at all and some kind of bead with half a tomato and melted cheese on it. It wasnt touched. The final dinner arrived 15 minutes later a kids burger and chips. Turns out they charged us for an adults burger and chips which they refunded with no appology. There was suppost to be a kids game room which interested us for a communion but when my daughter asked where it was she was old it is on the first floor and locked .....locked on Sunday afternoon !! The next problem was that on a day when Six Nations Rugby and The Carling Cup final were on City North had Rugby League on the TV give me a break I had to ask twice for this to be changed and was not alone I saw another table ask the same question. Not only will we not be having our daughters communion here I'll never set foot in the place again foot is terrible and overpriced. If your looking for a nice Sunday Lunch do yourself and your family a favour avoid the City North.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Deebest
Dear Deebest,
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor,
I was disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with our menu choice and quality of food available from our hot carvery selection. We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of food quality and choice to our patrons of all ages to ensure their experience at the City North is a memorable one. We also endeavour to televise sporting events/fixtures at all times of the day accordingly. I can assure you that the experience that you encountered at the City North hotel was an isolated incident; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to your family.
In relation to control measures for our games room, I am sure you appreciate that in line with health & safety legislation, access to our children/games area is closely monitored by our team requiring the registration of the parent/guardian of the child prior to access to the area. We would not grant access to a minor alone, although I accept that perhaps this may not have been communicated effectively at the time.
I am disappointed that your perception of the City North hotel is diminished as a result of your recent visit. I would be grateful of an opportunity to make amends for what should have been an enjoyable afternoon for your family and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Andrew Thomas General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
16.3 km away
8.5 km away
Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
28.5 km away
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!