“amazing”

The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I recently stayed in johnstown house hotel and was blown away with the service and treatment I received. I have stayed in meny hotels and spas around the world and this was by far the most relaxing and pleasent stay I have yet to have. Upon arrival we were greated with a warm and welcoming reception, and this type of hospitality was present throughout our stay, from the waiters and bar staff to the members of staff in the spa. Our room was exactly what it said when we were booking 'deluxe'. The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was exquisite, and extremely well priced. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definately be planning a stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank crazycow53
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear crazycow53,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I have passed on your comments to our team. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your ext visit to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa.

Kind regards,

Odhran Lawlor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Went to the Spa in this hotel, the setting and atmosphere was so relaxing and tranquil.
I had a french girl doing my treatments, although she was good, she had very little English to explain anything to me, I was very disappointed in that, as I wanted to asked her about different products as I would have been intetested in buying few things.
I had a back massage and hydrating facial, felt so relaxed after treatments, although I did feel cold during treatments, room temperature could have been a bit warmer.
Then I had a milk bath, never had a milk bath before, I was dissapointed, as it wasn't what I had expected, no one explained to me milk bath. The water in the bath was just warm, water needed to be hotter, I was cold getting out of the bath.
Once I got out of the bath, I noticed the side of the bath was dirty from other people using the bath, and I was sure the water wasn't changed, how disgusting!!!
All in all I did feel totally relaxed.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank YOLANNA-TB
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Yolana2010,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Spa and had such a relaxing time.

Please be assured that after every treatment that the baths are cleaned thoroughly after every use. I note that you had a number of treatments before you had the milk bath. The products used on your body coupled with the products used during your bath would leave a residue around the bath. I trust that this clarifies your concern and if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 4pm on 28th of April, having got married the previous day. We were exhausted and in need of a rest. On check in we were told our room might not be ready yet although check in was from 3pm. That night we waited 40 minutes in a fairly empty dining area for a burger and chips. The next morning we arrived for breakfast. The dining area was chaotic with dirty delph everywhere. We waited 10 minutes for glasses and plates to put our food on. When we eventually sat down we had to go hunt for cutlery. All in all a disaster to our start of married life. I did mention on check in and to the editing staff we had got married the previous day, a complimentary drink might have been a nice idea.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank MrsHoofer
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me recently regarding your recent experience at Johnstown House Hotel. It was with deep regret that I heard of your comments as this is not the standard we are striving to achieve at the hotel. We consider all comments received to be an invaluable source of information on guest satisfaction.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or annoyance caused as a result of our shortcomings. While your burger should have not taken as long to prepare, there is a minimum cooking time of 20 minutes. While we had a full house for breakfast, I am disappointed with the service you received as it is not our policy to sit guests at tables that are unset. Equally, I am surprised that an upgrade was not offered to you on informing us that you were just married. However, on investigation this was due to a full house. Although I am confident that your experience was an isolated incident, please be assured that immediate steps have been taken to ensure no re-occurrence of this regrettable situation.
I would like to wish you and your husband a happy and wonderful life together and thank you once again for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Myself and my partner decided last minute to have a night away over the bank holiday weekend and didnt want to travel that far. We had stayed here before and found the hotel quiet enjoyable .
I phoned that afternoon and they said they had availability so we booked and set of . The drive into the hotel is lovely you get the real feel you are getting away from everything. We checked in and headed up to the room .Room was a standard room but quiet spacious. We decided to head down and have a bite to eat in the bar.. We ordered two sandwiches and drinks the girls was lovely asked us whhere we staying and pointed out that we should use the thermal suite and pool and it was open until eight that evening ... So after our food we head up and got ready to head down to the pool area ... The thermal suite was lovely and very relaxing a nice twist was the hot tub outside it was fab ...
That evening we decided to have food in the bar as the restaurant was booked out food was lovely and very reasonable...
The next morning we had breakfast it was a buffet style breakfast but they had loads of everything and it got very busy but the staff where so pleasant and accomodating ...

We definitely enjoyed our short stay and will definitely be returning

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DM2223,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and are very grateful for your comments. I am particularly delighted to see your feedback on our bar food and breakfast service.

Once again, thank you for kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel.

Kind regards,

Virginia, Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Room was clean and very nice, I had heard a lot about this hotel and had expected more. The Reception staff were very pleasant and professional. The bar staff on the other hand were very ignorant. I was at a wedding and we had decided to view the rugby in the bar, to start with when we went to the bar to get served one male asked us if we were "alright there". I turned to confirm drinks orders and on returning to give the order he had disappeared, he had onlywanted us to move while he used a remote control for the one small tv in the bar. Eventually we were served and found seats to select food. Nobody came near us, an elderly group asked to sit next to us as seating was limited and we said they could. The barman came straight over to them to take there orders, ignoring us. I called to him "Whenever you're ready" to which he snapped, "Yeah I'm with these people here". I have no respect for any hotel that allows it's staff to speak ike that to guests.

Overall the food was very disappointing and generally we weren't made to feel at all comfortable. I hate this hotel because I hated my experience. Don't waste your hard earned money.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.