“Thank you!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Dublin, Ireland
“Thank you!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently spent a very enjoyable evening in Johnstown House attending a Valentine's ball.
I attended with 3 friends and we all had an excellent night. The evening ran very smoothly due to the efficient staff and the dinner provided was lovely.
The bedrooms were beautiful and the beds very comfortable.
In the morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with great choice.
We concluded our super stay with a relaxing Jacuzzi in the great facilities on site.
Thanks again for all involved in making our night away so fun!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank loopduball
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
DearLoopduball,
Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted to hear that your function was a success and we look forward to hosting your event in 2013.

Equally, thank you for your kind comments regarding the food and service which I have passed on to the team at the hotel. Once again thank you for taking the time to review Johnstown House Hotel.

Odhran Lawlor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
dublin
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our party consisted of 4 ladies three of us are new mums and where living for the break away. we arrived in the hotel and where given a lovely welcome. Because we added another person to our group the hotel offered to up grade us to a 2 bed apartment for no extra charge. We arrived in the apartment and it was fab three bathrooms two large bedrooms and sitting room kitchen. Three of us had massages booked. It was my first ever massage so i was a bit nervous. We arrived in the spa and where shown around the staff where very nice couldnt do enough. The spa itself was fab. very low lighting lovely woodwork everywhere spotless. I relaxed straight away. We where given robes and slippers to change into. My massuse came to get me and was totally lovely from start to finish. I have an 8 month old and a 2 year old so to say my life is crazy is an understatement. She took her time explained everything and the next 55 mins flew by i was so relaxed even though i didnt fall asleep when i got up i felt like id had a full night sleep. fantastic. Afterwards I chilled out in the various rooms. I will say one bad thing it was very busy in the relaxing room no spare chairs maybe it was slightly overbooked. so I just went to the various heated rooms.

The bad thing was the restaraunt experience. we where booked in for 9pm noone to greet us staff just ignored us. eventually they sat us but our waitress was so rude. she gave us some bread rolls while we looked at the menu three rolls for four people. when my friend made a comment she said the rolls where made to order so i asked if we could order more. they never came. the girls got steaks and they where fab I got the cod which was covered in too many black olives had to scrape them off. We ordered a bottle of red and white wine. We where given no cooler for the white so I asked for one. At the end of the meal the waitress lifted the bottle of white and asked if we where finished with it. there was still enough left for a glass between us. When we said no instead of sharing it between she just plonked it on the table and walked off with the cooler very strange I thought seen as people on the other tables had theirs. We headed back to our room for a gossip and a few drinks so I cant comment on the bar.

breakfast was lovely large selection. I dont think id stay again as I really really didnt enjoy the restaraunt but the spa was def worth going again provided they dont overbook.

we heade

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank omalleymj
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear omalleymj,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at Johnstown House Hotel. The Spa at Johnstown House is truly once of the nicest spas in Ireland. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Spa experience and I have passed on your comments to our team. However, it was with deep regret that I heard of your comments regarding the service you experienced in the Pavilion Restaurant as this is not the standard we are striving to achieve at the hotel.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience or annoyance caused as a result of our shortcomings. I have discussed your feedback with the restaurant team and please be assured that immediate steps have been taken to ensure no re-occurrence of this regrettable situation.
In the meantime, thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

Kilcock, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

From the first time I visited, in early 2010 for your wedding fair, I have been blown away by your staff. This was the utmost importance for us choosing our wedding venue and we were never disappointed. From the staff in the corridors to Manuel in the bar, they always, and I mean always seemed to be in a good mood. And not in a horribly fake way.
For our wedding plans we dealt with Tanya, Louise and Magda and by our wedding day I almost felt like i was being greeted by friends when we arrived.
The food was amazing, but unfortunately I didn't have much of an appetite. Although, in saying that I managed to finish 2 desserts made especially for the wedding. Yum. Everything was timed to perfection by the team.
There was an abundance of options for breakfast, with my only problem being which to choose. Fresh fruit? cereal? cooked breakfast? Pancakes? Make sure to check out the menu.
The following day we had a family lunch in the Atrium and we were so well looked after. My sister had brought a cake for her son as a surprise for him as it was it was his birthday and the restaurant manager was happy to sneak it into the kitchen and return with lit candles.

Our hotel rooms were immaculate, I saw rooms because we had the presidential suite on our wedding night and then a one bedroom suite on our second night. I was very impressed with the little extras, such as shoe polish and razors. Nice to know you'd be covered if you forgot your wash bag.
One quick thing, if you are a light sleeper and staying the night of a wedding, ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel as it can be a little noisy which is expected.

We are also members of the gym and regularly bring our children swimming. It's kept well and very clean. I would have two small niggles though, one would be that I feel the changing rooms could be a little warmer and the outside where the hot tub is could do with a little tlc.

Our trip to the spa was enjoyable in that our massage was lovely as was the masseuse, she really put us at ease, but another member of staff was a little short with us. We were never properly shown around so that we could have made better use of the facilities. As a result of this, I have refrained from returning. This could have been an isolated case and I would not let it take away from my opinion of the hotel.

Thank you for a wonderful wedding and we look forward to seeing you all again soon

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Rachel T,

Thank you for taking the time to contact trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that your wedding day was so special and we were honoured to be a part of your special day.

Please be assured that I have passed on your comments to our team and specifically to those team members you mentioned by name. I would like to wish you both happiness and joy for your future life together.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here recently on a hotly weekend. The spa is fabulous and the staff so helpful, my massage was great and we really enjoyed the fresh fruit! The hotel rooms are lovely- clean and tidy. Breakfast was not great, the cooked breakfast not good and cold but there was lovely fruit and cereal so we were fine. In contrast our dinner was beautiful, really tasty and good selection, with the exception of vegetarians. The only real criticism is that the outdoor hot tub could do with a good scrub and a wee bit of tlc to the exterior of the place. Other than that an enjoyable stay that was great value for money!

• Stayed February 2012
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear BigV123,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend. I will pass on your comments to the staff and management at the hotel. Our outdoor Hot Tub is an excellent facility and please be assured that we will take your comments on board.

In the meantime, thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa.

Wexford
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were looking for a relaxing night away and Johnstown House set on ample grounds was just the ticket. Its about 40 minutes from Dublin but there isnt much in the vicinity so you're going ro the hotel alone. On entering you feel like you're walking into someone's drawing room but the hotel expands as you pass beyond reception.

The rooms are well maintained and beds were very comfortable.

The Spa has a pool, thermal suite as my favourite the outdoor hottub. Unfortunately the hottub isn't in a great setting - walled area - but it's nice to be out in the air - there are very few outdoor hottubs in Ireland!

Breakfast was good although the place was very busy - mind you I take that as a good sign that the hotel is doing well!

Actually it's doing so well that the night before the restaurant was booked out and there were no seats in the bar so we ended going to a lovely Italian called Aglio 2 minutes drive down the road in Enfield. Great food and you can bring your own wine and beer and they don't charge corkage. It too was full and we got the last table when we got there about 9.30pm.

Actually on the subject of the bar I'm not a fan of the style or layout - it doesn't seem in keeping with the rest of the hotel- I find it too old fashioned.

One last thing is a tip for the hotel. When you check in they say that breakfast is served 'in the lobby' which makes it sound like you'll be eating at reception as people check in around you!? A better word would 'the atrium' as that's a better description and would give a better first impression.

Yes I would return for a 'get away from it all' break.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear MamDadand Kids,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend. We are one of the few hotels in Ireland with an outdoor hot tub and it is without doubt an excellent facility. I have taken your comments on board regarding the hot tub area and the breakfast area.
We are disappointed that you did not get the opportunity to dine in the Pavilion restaurant which was booked out on Saturday night.

Odhran Lawlor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
5.8 km away
16.8 km away
Trim Castle Hotel
26.2 km away
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure

Been to The Johnstown Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!