“CHEF!! Your wait staff is letting your food down”
Review of The Ballymore Inn

The Ballymore Inn
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

If I was the head chef here id be mad. Food is lovelybut service lets the experience down. Having visited before (and left a 5* review) we were looking forward to our meal. Heres a quick synopsis of the service this Sunday
*minimum of 8 floor staff on, taking in great views of the ceiling or floors, not looking at or for customers
* no managment or senior member of a team visible to guide or direct these junior team members
*Minimum of five minute delay for everything. Order, order a drink, spoon for childs meal, dessert menus
*check back took place on our mains before two of the party had even tried their food

Now on to food, it was very good, it is pricey but tasty. One fault was the steak which while tasty was only warm as (looking at the service) id say was left over the heating lamp too long.

Sorry guys, I can cook tasty food at home, if I come to a place that charges your prices, service ahould follow.

Either train your junior team members with a managment overview or hire trained staff members. You go for quality over quantity with your food, should do the same with your front of house. Bitterly disappointed with this experience and will be slow to return

5  Thank Hackers123

Reviewed 3 June 2018

At the end of a long, hot day our stop at the Inn was a delightful respite. The food was excellent, salads and a posset desert. Best of all was the welcoming and thoughtful service.

1  Thank dag452015
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner with our friends for our last in Ireland. A little bit pricey with the Australian dollar conversion to what we are normally used to but the food and venue was lovely. Wait staff were great. The hummus with cucumber pickle and kimchi was lovely.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I brought my granddaughter here last Sunday. I saw the soup was €6.95, so I thought a bit pricey. My granddaughter had pasta in a sauce with ham and she said it was lovely, that was a €10. I had roast beef, cabbage and a bowl of mashed potato. It was extremely tasty. I had to ask the waitress for my change as she was not going to give it to me. Why do people assume you don’t want it?

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I worry for the gastro pub scene if this rates in the top 10 in Ireland (per the Irish Times, I think).

Nothing wrong with the place but no reason to go out of your way to visit.

1  Thank Japanangka