“Final dinner in Ireland”
Review of The Ballymore Inn

The Ballymore Inn
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner with our friends for our last in Ireland. A little bit pricey with the Australian dollar conversion to what we are normally used to but the food and venue was lovely. Wait staff were great. The hummus with cucumber pickle and kimchi was lovely.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I brought my granddaughter here last Sunday. I saw the soup was €6.95, so I thought a bit pricey. My granddaughter had pasta in a sauce with ham and she said it was lovely, that was a €10. I had roast beef, cabbage and a bowl of mashed potato. It was extremely tasty. I had to ask the waitress for my change as she was not going to give it to me. Why do people assume you don’t want it?

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I worry for the gastro pub scene if this rates in the top 10 in Ireland (per the Irish Times, I think).

Nothing wrong with the place but no reason to go out of your way to visit.

1  Thank Japanangka
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Sought a table in the back bar on spec and waited for maybe 15 minutes. No issue there. However we ordered a starter to share and a mains. The starter came promptly and as the restaurant thinned put it became evident that all around were getting there food before us having arrived after we did. We had to ask about our mains and in fairness we should have had as it shpuld have been evident that our food was outstanding. The mains were a sirloin and a beef burgwr and both arrived having clearly cooked in haste. The server at the table was both friendly and apologetic and did deduct two drinks from the bill but ultimately I would rather pay for what I got and have it served both on time and properly cooked.

1  Thank Gavan L
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have dined here before and have had mixed experiences. However, I am very pleased to say that our dining experience in the Back Bar recently was top class. The Avocado, Orange and Pecan Salad (with Chicken) was exquisite. Sincere compliments to the Chef. The service was fantastic. Well done to Sam on his professionalism and his attention to detail. Highly recommend a visit here.

1  Thank L W