“Best Irish Coffee”

The Red Fox Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kells
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this spot as part of a day tour on a week long visit through Ireland. This was hands-down the best Irish coffee I had on the entire trip...and I had my share.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our tour group (Gate 1) stopped for Irish Coffee (choice of Bailey's or Irish Whiskey). It was a cold, rainy day and we stopped around 10am. PERFECT! This Inn is just before entering Killarney National Park. Has a cute gift shop. Just down the road we stopped along the roadside for a photo op with a Gypsy gentleman with his doggie riding on a donkey. I purchased a Briget's Cross from him for 3 euro. Must do!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped for the Bog Village which was lovely. Easy walking and good exhibitions. Decided to call in to the Red Fox for a warm and Irish Coffee. The place is lovely, very friendly, gift shop at the back and tea room. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a spot of lunch while travelling the ring of Kerry. They were so friendly and put extra peat on the fire to really warm us up and were so friendly! Food was nice and the atmosphere was lovely. Would deffinately return!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Our group stopped here after our visit to the nearby bog museum for some Irish coffee. I did not try any of the food, but was impressed at how efficient they were at serving the multitude of tourists that descended in for a taste of Irish coffee. Although the inn was quite busy I had enough time to finish my first Irish coffee and come back to try the Irish creme version. The staff were also very friendly even though they were swamped with customers.