All reviews salmon garden room staff could not have been more lovely hotel friendly service breakfast and dinner both nights golf course return again would highly recommend this hotel a lovely stay from start to finish world class public areas excellent location great impression b and b
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We visited today on a day trip, lovely hotel, staff are so friendly and loved the uniforms, very smart. Food was delicious and kids menu was good, very reasonable for Sunday lunch, will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with friends and then stayed in a holiday house in the grounds of the hotel.
Food was good but not exceptional. Wine was very good as was the friendly service.
The setting is lovely, grounds are very well maintained.
Big downside is lack of WiFi in the house in the grounds, but this is probably not the hotel’s fault.
Would visit again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank clarebradraff
Mary M, Manager at Lake House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hi Clare
Thank you for your feedback and your compliments
We are sorry you were not so enthused with your meal
If it was one of our houses you were staying in #1 #9 #10 we have WiFi in all three
The rest of the houses are privately owned and we have no control over them
We would be very glad to have you stay with us again
Kind regards
Mary

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I really want to give this review 3.5 stars rather than 3.
There were plus and minus points about this hotel. Firstly the plus - all the staff are very friendly and helpful. This includes the welcoming receptionist, the very willing waitresses and the efficient barman. The food is not cordon blue, but it is very tasty and well presented and good value. There is a small but excellent wine list. The room we were in had not much of a view and was small, but it was clean and the bed comfortable, to me the most important points in any bedroom. There are very nice sitting rooms in the hotel, both on the first floor and in reception. There is also a pleasant outdoor seating area, under cover, which was pleasant for a pre dinner drink. Also the gardens and the setting are beautiful.
Now for the minus points - I booked this hotel two months in advance for three nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. I did the booking over the phone. The lady who took my booking said 'did I really need an Email confirmation', and, stupidly on my part, I said 'no'. One week before going to the Lake House I phoned to confirm my booking. There appeared to be a misunderstanding, especially about the conditions and price quoted. Eventually, they confirmed my half board reservation. The first evening at dinner it was explained to us that as we were residents we would have to eat off a specific menu. It was very limited in choice, although the salmon we both ate was good. The following two evenings I was able to upgrade our meals to the full menu, although this cost extra. As this was not explained time at the time of booking, I would strongly recommend booking this hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, and then paying extra for evening meals. On checking out, having spent well over £500, I think I met the lady who took my original booking. She was rather cursory with me and when I said goodbye and thanks for a lovely stay, she did not answer.
Two lessons learnt - get a booking confirmation by Email and book B and B only.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StephenBoswell
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The location of the hotel is wonderful...overlooking a small lake and within very easy reach of the most fantastic beaches. The rooms are very clean and comfortable ( we had the garden room for us and our dog, and another room for a friend who travelled with us)
We were fortunate to have glorious weather, but it would be a great place in any weather.
The biggest asset is the staff. They are all so helpful ,friendly and welcoming.
We ate at the hotel both nights and the food was good and reasonably priced.
If you want a simple yet comfortable hotel in a stunning and quiet location, with friendly service.....then this is for you. We have already booked another weekend for August .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank John O
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Just home from a beautiful week staying in a holiday home located on the grounds of the Lake House Hotel. I was there with my husband and my mother . The location was fantastic with absolutely beautiful views all around the area . The beaches in the area are amazing . The hotel had a wonderful welcoming feeling and each and every member of staff were excellent . They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The food was lovely and service for both food or an evening drink after touring was very professional in a very relaxing environment. The holiday home was very well equipped and a lovely home away from home . We really enjoyed our stay there and felt we had the best of both worlds with needed space in our house and access to the hotel. I would recommend this location to anyone who wants a great base to travel around donegal. It is a quite location but that was exactly what we needed. The only negative is that they is no mobile phone service in the location which would not be an issue but as we were traveling with my elderly mother it was concerning ... however the hotel were fantastic and provided us with 24 hours access to the landline phone in reception. Once again the staff were amazing and nothing was an issue . Thank you to everyone in the hotel for making our trip to donegal a great and memorable holiday .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family