Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
Free cancellation until 09/12/22
Priceline
US$114
Free cancellation until 08/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$114
Free cancellation until 08/12/22
Hotels.comUS$109
TravelocityUS$109
Orbitz.comUS$109
1,451 results
All reviews first class bridal suite lovely hotel leisure facilities famine village malin head from start to finish both nights wedding party food was amazing function room two night stay couldn't do enough bar and restaurant top class main course near future
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2022 via mobile

Booked this hotel for our 42nd wedding anniversary. Well we where not disappointed. Very easy check in. Beautiful large family room with double bed and two single beds. Views overlooking wedding garden and Ballyliffen to the sea. Very spacious bathroom with all the toiletries provided. The bedroom and bathroom was spotless and the bed very comfortable. The manager opened the wedding garden to allow us in to take photographs. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious. We didn't use the spa but will be back and make use of the spa. We did chat to other residents who said the spa was beautiful, relaxing and spotless. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Fantastic place to stay and eat if touring around Inishowen.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lodge Management, Marketing at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2022

Hi Bridgene
We wish to take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for taking the time to post this great review for us but also for choosing the Lodge for your special Anniversary stay.
It's very pleasing to read that you had such a fantastic time and it was our pleasure to play host to you both.
Looking forward to your next trip already.

Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

After working for the NHS and surviving Covid, I started to make a bucket list of places I'd love to visit. I realised that I hadn't been to Donegal since I was a young girl so now was the time to re-explore.
I don't drive which can be restrictive living here in NI.
After taking the train from Belfast to L/Derry, I began to look at the map to see where I wanted to go after.
I'd intended to go to Redcastle hotel for the night but upon waiting in a lovely wee café for the bus, I decided to go somewhere further to test my travelling skills.
Ballyliffin was the place I'd fallen in love with on the map!
Taking the bus from Derry to Buncrana was lengthy mostly because of my own stupidity but when I eventually got on the McGonigle bus to Ballyliffin, I knew I'd made the right decision.
Once I got over the border onto the Inishowen peninsula, I was blown away by the stunning views. It was breathtaking!
I'd always wanted to see Doagh Famine village which I got to see, courtesy of the bus after travelling to Carndonagh. It brought tears to my eyes. Ballyliffin isn't far from there.
I must stress that as a non driver, those McGonigle coaches are fantastic and the drivers are very helpful.
There are also John McGinley coaches to take you around Donegal too.
Upon arriving in Ballyliffin, after taking me 9hrs to get there. I checked in after 6pm and just wanted to hit the spa which is thankfully open until 10pm.
The hotel itself is beautiful, not to be mixed up with the other Ballyliffin hotel. This one is beside the Strand Hotel and closer to Pollan Beach on the WAW. It has a beautiful wedding garden out front and an outdoor seating area.
The check in was simple so I quickly ran to my room on the second floor which was beautiful and I had it all to myself. There was a double bed & a single bed, tea/coffee facilities, a lovely bathroom & decent wardrobe space. Robes & slippers aren't provided but toiletries are.
Once I changed into my swimwear, I headed down to the swimming pool which is located under the reception & restaurant but accessible by lift or the stairs.
It's helpful to bring a swimming cap for long hair or you can buy one for a couple of euro. They provide lockers with wristband keys too for your stuff. The changing area is a good size with toilets, showers, hairdryers & wet costume bags.
I melted into the hot tub which you can activate yourself & it was so wonderful after all the travelling, I almost fell asleep.
It's a family friendly hotel so there were kids playing in the pool too.
There's a lovely heated pool and a jacuzzi pool too.
After having a long soak, I decided to go exploring.
I didn't eat at the hotel even though they have restaurant facilities but I wanted to eat a chippy by the beach.
Up the hill there's a chippy called Atlantic Catch so I ordered a fish supper to take to the beach. I rate the food & the staff 10/10. There's a convenience store beside it for all your needs where the staff are so friendly too.
Pollan Beach is about a 15-20min walk from the hotel & you can see Malin Head in the distance.
Staying down there, watching the waves until darkness fell. I noticed the whole time as a solo woman traveller that not once did I feel uneasy or unsafe the whole time either travelling, in the hotel or exploring outside it.
Back at the hotel, I was ready for my bed so I watched some TV then fell asleep.
The beds are super comfy by the way!
Next morning, I was up in good time for breakfast at my allocated time. Breakfast is in the restaurant on the same floor as the reception.
Hotel is wheelchair accessible & they have a hoist for the swimming pool which is important.
The breakfast food was amazing, all of your usual food was available and I filled my boots. Staff were lovely too.
After that, I went for another pool session then check out is at 11am.
Thanks Ballyliffin for the warm welcome, your hospitality, your comfort, your relaxation and I'll definitely be back.
10/10

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Lodge Management, Marketing at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2022

Hi
Well what can we say, now that is a review!!
Thank you so much for providing such an in-depth review of your recent stay at the Hotel. You really left no stone upturned and we greatly appreciate the insight you have provided for everyone on here to see.
We are thrilled that you loved your time so much here in Ballyliffin/Inishowen and we sincerely hope you will come back and see us again in the near future.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2022 via mobile

Called in this evening for dinner without a booking, they had a wedding going on but we're still able to serve dinner in the bar and restaurant, the service and food were great and view over pollan beach is stunning. One of my favourite places to visit for food or just a drink.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Margaret
Thank you very much for taking the time to go online and post this review for us. We greatly appreciate it.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2022

The view from the hotel grounds is to die for. On entering the hotel you were met by a very pleasant and helpful receptionist, Our room was very spacious with views over the bay and mountains and a big well stocked bathroom, also the kingsize bed was very comfortable. Overall the hotel was clean and tidy with good food and bar service. There was a good range of food on the menu and this was nicely cooked and presented, also the breakfast had a good range of hot and cold food.

Room tip: The rooms at the front have the best views
Date of stay: May 2022
Lodge Management, Marketing at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Thank you John for your kind words.
We greatly appreciate your time to post a review for us.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2022 via mobile

Beautiful hotel,very friendly and attentive staff. Restaurant very comfortable and service was efficient, each course coming together in a timely manner. Starter food though was not great, well presented but lacked the standard expected from a hotel like this. Vol-a- vont s were dried out, the brae was over cooked and they ran out of Guinness bread for the fish starter. The main courses and deserts were very good. Would recommend. The view from the front door is breathtaking.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi
Thank you for taking the time out to post us this review.
Sorry to hear that about the starters. Doesn't sound like the Lodge to be honest but we will investigate further.
Our views overlooking the North Atlantic Ocean are simply fantastic. We are spoiled!
See you again soon.