1,201 results
All reviews jacks bar first class rock crystal wedding reception superior room lovely hotel leisure facilities bridal suite famine village relaxing break from start to finish wedding party both nights would highly recommend this hotel sea view malin head night break
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Had lunch here with a group of friends. The mayo on my egg mayo sandwich was of the nasty cheap variety. I noticed that the mayo and sauces on the tables were a cheap brand. My friend had a tomato and mozarella salad and the tomatoes were bitter and unappetising to look at. My other friend had a sandwich that was dry however she did not add mayo because of the poor quality available

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Siofal
BLCustomerCare, Manager at Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Siofal

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a good eating experience in the bar. We have investigated and acted upon your complaint and asked that our chef order only the known mayonnaise brand which is our normal procedure, and if the supplier is out of it (as was the case on this occasion) to serve the better known brand in a ramekin direct from the kitchen. We hope to welcome you back to the Ballyliffin in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

We chose Ballyliffin Lodge as the place to spend 2 nights on our trip around the north of Ireland. It is in a beautiful location but I have to say overall I was disappointed. The hotel feels like it is in need of a bit of tlc given its star rating and price - lots of laminated signs sellotaped around the place, sofas looking a bit worn, headrests in the hot tub broken etc. However, the food in the restaurant was very good quality, the staff were very friendly and I really enjoyed my massage and facial in the spa.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank carmon2004
BLCustomerCare, Manager at Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Carmon 2004
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We do appreciate all feed back we receive. In relation to temporary out of order notice it has been removed and in relation to the sofas we had already commissioned a company to carry out this work for us. However in order for us to keep all furniture uniform we must recover all furniture, the size of this job means that they are unable to complete the work as quickly as we would have liked.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and appreciated the excellent service provided. I have passed on your kind comments to all concerned.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Popped in for afternoon tea on a rainy cold day and was not disappointed. Generous portions of delicious sandwiches, scones and cakes- absolutely fantastic. We were served in the front room by a large window, gorgeous setting. My only criticisms are that we didn't get cutlery, I had to go and ask for forks. Also people were being shown around to view the venue for their wedding, which is fine except that they were taking photos of us as well as the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bd_derry
BLCustomerCare, Manager at Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear BD Derry

Our afternoon teas are indeed very popular and I am glad to hear that you have also enjoyed. In relation to the cutlery we would not normally serve with finger food. We can only apologise if you felt that a member of public taking photographs of one of the rooms was intrusive. We hope however that this will not prevent you from coming back to enjoy more of our afternoon teas. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

Celebrated my sisters wedding here on the 05/09/15. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely be back in the future to stay at this hotel. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and we will be recommending this hotel to other family and friends.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Aoife D

Dear Aoife D

The wedding team and all other staff are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at the recant wedding. We pride ourselves in our high standard of food & service and we hope that you will return again soon to visit us here in this beautiful part of Donegal.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I recently won a Facebook competition for a nights stay in the Ballyliffin Lodge following their wedding fayre! I was expecting a standard room and we received a superior which was amazing! We had dinner in jacks bar which was good bar food and reasonably priced , then stayed and had a few drinks in the bar. Live music on a Sunday night which gave a great atmosphere. Had a great nights sleep , great breakfast the next morning and an overall pleasant experience! Thank you again for choosing me as the winner and I cannot wait to return here for my wedding next year!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlene M

Dear Charlene,

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of your stay at the Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon for your big day!.