Review Highlights
"Enjoyed the informative talked, seeing the raw materials, & browsing the gift shops!"

My husband & I visited Connemara Marble with our Gate 1 Travel tour group. This is a family run... read more

Reviewed 11 January 2020
CarolinaNurse323
Kernersville, North Carolina
Good comfort stop

Our coach stopped here for a comfort stop on our way back to Galway. It is a small family business... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2019
Cookiescot
Halesowen, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews gift shop tour group sterling silver raw materials on display purchased several a family run business bracelet products ireland antiques briefly
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2019

I bought some Connemara Marble pieces when I was first in Ireland more than 40 years ago, and they are still lovely. So, when offered a chance to visit the actual "factory," I jumped at it. We got to tour a small workshop, see the many kinds of raw materials they work with, watch an informative video about marble, and they we got to shop the finished products.

If you're looking for some authentic Irish souveners for folks back home, this is a great place to find them. Everything from inexpensive tie tacks and key rings to very expensive and very lovely jewelry. I picked up another sterling silver Cladaugh ring to go with my antique one, this one made with a type of amethyst being minded from the bay. Lovely people, very proud of their work and heritage.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank 386LinH
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Made purchase while on vacation tour. Was in hurry as bus was getting ready to leave and I was last in line. MY MISTAKE! Purchased:bracelet (120. Euro), bottle opener(25 euro) , pendant (100 euro). I signed credit card slip (TOO QUICKLY) as young lady was chatting with me and wrapping and bagging up items. Threw the slip in my bag and I dashed back to bus. More stops and back to the hotel. Pulled my charge out and found I was charged over 300 euro AND no itemized receipt in my bag. Called credit card company that night while in Ireland. 6 weeks later I'm saddled with almost $140. US dollars THAT I DID NOT SPEND. CONNEMARA MARBLE sent only a copy of the same charge slip I have. No itemized receipt. My word against theirs. Again, my mistake for getting caught up in the moment. BAD BUSINESS. BUYER BEWARE.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank pattyc903
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

I didn’t know what to expect here. It turned out to be an amazing place! The presentation on the different types of marble was fascinating. It was awesome to be able to see them all right there in one place. Staff was so knowledgeable. It was also very interesting to see the jewelry being made. The hardest part of the visit was picking out what I wanted. So many beautiful things! The history and the pictures were also wonderful .You could spend a very long time here.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank NCGrandma
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Went with a tour group. It was an interesting five minute lecture on local marble. I saw people on trip advisor complaining about the prices??! It’s very reasonable. Necklaces for 25€. Bought a cute ring for55€. The staff members were friendly. The young man who spoke with us seemed very passionate about his craft.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 1 September 2019

We stopped here on a tour. I thought we were visiting the mine area, so I was a bit surprised. The gentleman who told us about the marble was very informative and had an interesting presentation. I purchased a few souvenirs,but they were available other places on the island. Nothing bad, but not certain I would stop again.

Date of experience: August 2019