Review Highlights
"Enjoyed the informative talked, seeing the raw materials, & browsing the gift shops!"

My husband & I visited Connemara Marble with our Gate 1 Travel tour group. This is a family run... read more

Reviewed 11 January 2020
CarolinaNurse323
Kernersville, North Carolina
Good comfort stop

Our coach stopped here for a comfort stop on our way back to Galway. It is a small family business... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2019
Cookiescot
Halesowen, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews gift shop tour group sterling silver raw materials on display purchased several a family run business bracelet products ireland antiques briefly
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Went with a tour group. It was an interesting five minute lecture on local marble. I saw people on trip advisor complaining about the prices??! It’s very reasonable. Necklaces for 25€. Bought a cute ring for55€. The staff members were friendly. The young man who spoke with us seemed very passionate about his craft.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 1 September 2019

We stopped here on a tour. I thought we were visiting the mine area, so I was a bit surprised. The gentleman who told us about the marble was very informative and had an interesting presentation. I purchased a few souvenirs,but they were available other places on the island. Nothing bad, but not certain I would stop again.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Peg5000
Reviewed 31 July 2019

We stopped at Connemara Marble as a part of our Gate 1 tour. Stops like this are often built in to stretch your legs, use the loo, and perhaps a bit of shopping. The visitor's center includes a quick informative bit on the different types of marble, a walk through the workshop, and a lovely shopping area. I was hesitant to make a jewelry purchase so early in our trip, but I'm glad I bought my marble ring as I saw nothing else like it for the rest of the week there. Restrooms are located in a neat little historic building across the busy highway and they provide help to assist navigating the traffic. Definitely worth a visit if you are passing through the area.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Our tour director took us to this little shop and had he not, I doubt we would have come across it! It was a lovely little place where we learned a bit about the different marbles in Ireland and where they come from. The best was seeing all the hand made goods and jewelry with a nice selection of things to bring home as gifts!

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank KellyM304
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Restrooms, fire to warm up by. Really neat place and one-of-a-kind jewelry. The tour is informative, learn about the marble and see some raw materials. Note: the restrooms and marble factory/store are on opposite sides of the road, be careful!

Date of experience: June 2019