Review Highlights
"Enjoyed the informative talked, seeing the raw materials, & browsing the gift shops!"

My husband & I visited Connemara Marble with our Gate 1 Travel tour group. This is a family run... read more

Reviewed 11 January 2020
CarolinaNurse323
Kernersville, North Carolina
Good comfort stop

Our coach stopped here for a comfort stop on our way back to Galway. It is a small family business... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2019
Cookiescot
Halesowen, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews gift shop tour group sterling silver raw materials on display purchased several a family run business bracelet products ireland antiques briefly
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019

We stopped here on a tour. I thought we were visiting the mine area, so I was a bit surprised. The gentleman who told us about the marble was very informative and had an interesting presentation. I purchased a few souvenirs,but they were available other places on the island. Nothing bad, but not certain I would stop again.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Peg5000
Reviewed 31 July 2019

We stopped at Connemara Marble as a part of our Gate 1 tour. Stops like this are often built in to stretch your legs, use the loo, and perhaps a bit of shopping. The visitor's center includes a quick informative bit on the different types of marble, a walk through the workshop, and a lovely shopping area. I was hesitant to make a jewelry purchase so early in our trip, but I'm glad I bought my marble ring as I saw nothing else like it for the rest of the week there. Restrooms are located in a neat little historic building across the busy highway and they provide help to assist navigating the traffic. Definitely worth a visit if you are passing through the area.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Our tour director took us to this little shop and had he not, I doubt we would have come across it! It was a lovely little place where we learned a bit about the different marbles in Ireland and where they come from. The best was seeing all the hand made goods and jewelry with a nice selection of things to bring home as gifts!

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank KellyM304
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Restrooms, fire to warm up by. Really neat place and one-of-a-kind jewelry. The tour is informative, learn about the marble and see some raw materials. Note: the restrooms and marble factory/store are on opposite sides of the road, be careful!

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 12 July 2019

We were here with Connemara Equestrian Escapes. Listened to a very informative talk on all the types of marble. The gift shop is great. I bought a beautiful and different looking ring set with the green marble. Also some earrings for gifts. Wonderful attentive sales help. Great place for you to buy your memories of Ireland.

Date of experience: July 2019