All reviews room was clean costa rica friends or family customer service activities vacation pools bathtub tours knowledge grounds
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

There is always something new and exciting to do here at Monte Campana. We have been coming here for many years now and we are always surprised with the improvements. We have been enjoying all the things that Heredia has to offer. There are many tours in and around the hotel. I recommend the Poas volcano tour. I also recommend the zip line tours offered on the hotel property. And last but not least there are 6 Waterslides along with 4 swimming pools and many jacuzzis.

Stayed: December 2016
hmcampana, General Manager at Hotel Monte Campana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thanks so much for your review.

I'd add that we have a waterfall, paintball, an excellent kitchen staff preparing authentic Costa Rican dishes and our bar has happy hour from 4 to 8 every day 365 days a year. Absolutely the best deal in Costa Rica at $3 for doubles.

We're 20 minutes and $10 from the airport by Uber. $20 to downtown San Jose on Uber. Do yourself a favor, enjoy Costa Rica's sights safely and sanely. Let Uber drive you anywhere around San Jose. Don't join the madness that is city traffic here. If you think Miami, Atlanta and LA have a problem, come try and drive in San Jose.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I just revisited Hotel Monte Campana after some time.
Amazing improvement.
New zip lines, new and improved trails and awesome paintball firepower.
Two large pools, one tempered heated water.
Assistance by front desk and Management is prompt and amicable.
Rooms are great, clean and some with a view.
Restaurant has a great view of the Central Valley.
I love the place.
I will return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank CRTRAVELER64

Thanks for your stay. Please come back soon.

I would add that we have a beautiful trail to the waterfall on the edge of our property, the restaurant has amazing views of the mountains and downtown and chefs who prepare wonderful authentic Costa Rican dishes. From 4 to 8 every day, 365 days a year we have happy hour and I guarantee you won't find $3 doubles very often, if ever, in Costa Rica.

And for any brave souls visiting Costa Rica for the first time, please use Uber and stay both sane and safe. Enjoy Costa Rica. Don't spend your time frustrated with roads and traffic far worse than anything you see in Miami, Atlanta or LA. If you just have to drive over to the Pacific or off to one of our other beautiful areas, at least use Uber around San Jose. Go home safe, sane, with nerves intact.

We are a $10 Uber ride from the airport and $20 to the other side of San Jose. Come at 4, join us for happy hour until 8. We'll make sure the Uber knows where to take you when it is time.

Monte Campana
Where rainbows are born and Costa Ricans come to play.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I have spent some time in this place a couple of times, one with my girl friend, one with my mom and one with my friends and my overall perception was very positive, taking into consideration that some people are making negative comments.

I remember when they were remodeling and re building the place, now I can say that you made a very good work, last time I was having lunch and I asked for a lil tour to the rooms, tree house and cabins, it was very pleasant for me to see everything clean and tidy taking into consideration that my request was "unexpected".

The food was very nice, now the place is safer, the common areas are beautiful and all this together with the nature makes an excellent combination for a visit with friends or family.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adolfo A

Thanks so much Adolfo. The owner here is a Costa Rican raised in the US who returned to this beautiful place 12 years ago. It is a delight to talk to repeat visitors such as yourelf who have seen the place take shape.

We are a true Costa Rican resort catering to Costa Rican families. The people who work here live nearby. We are not trying to give you America in Costa Rica. It is our mission to provide safe, affordable fun for Costa Ricans. We hope you'll come to see what Costa Rica is really like on your next trip.

And Adolfo, thanks again for saying it so well.

We're a $10 Uber from the airport and $20 to downtown San Jose.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for almost 3 weeks and felt right at home. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly especially the owner who took my daughters and me in as family. There is so much to do and the atmosphere is absolutely beautiful. The restaurant on site was great and there was live entertainment on the weekends. The location is just 20 minutes from the airport and very well kept. I will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: August 2016

Thanks so much Diana.

Happy hour every day 4 to 8. $3 doubles. Best deal in Costa Rica.

And Uber works like a charm here.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

This has been one of the greatest vacations ever. The Hotel is very family friendly and Everyone there was very helpful, especially the manager Alex. Also the the food and activities there was amazing...I went zip lining paint balling and they have a very fun obstacle course....they also have pools for all ages and a very big water slide...I will definitely be coming here again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your stay. Look forward to your next visit.

Great restaurant. Great bar. Happy hour 4 to 8 every day. $3 doubles.

Uber to here from airport... about $10 and 20 minutes (much faster than you got through Customs.}

Monte Campana
Where rainbows are born and Costa Ricans come to have fun.