“Oh Dear...”
Review of The Great Wood

The Great Wood
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We called in here for a standard Wetherspoon's experience. In other words, cheap, reliable food and a wide range of craft beers.

It's a big airy place in the style of an American brew pub. There is plentiful parking nearby.

The food wasn't up to the usual Wetherspoons standard - tired and greasy.

The service was poor too, the staff chatting among themselves despite the place being fairly quiet in late afternoon.
The coffee comes from a crappy self-service machine, and the prices seemed a little steep for this pub chain.

Otherwise, it's a nice place, with good toilets and ambience.

But....the sister pubs in Derry, Lisburn and the late lamented one in Enniskillen outperform The Great Wood in every way.

1  Thank 57Boy
The_Great_Wood, Manager at The Great Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am extremely sorry you were left disappointed on your last visit.

Our customers are everything to us, I will take this feedback back to the team to ensure we are providing the best customer service at every stage throughout the day.

I do hope you will pop in again and give a chance to impress you.

Kind Regards,
Sarah Darcy

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

It's a nice restaurant. I was there with a couple of friends. We had a great night. It is reasonable priced and offers to get a drink with the meal at a good price. Most places you'd pay double to get what we got here. The drinks prices are fantastic and offer a great range, some beers I wouldn't normally drink and it was great to try new things. The menu also had a excellent range.

Dan F, Manager at The Great Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we value all feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the pub.

I look forward to welcoming you back in to the pub when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

This is a more so bar than restaurant. Food is mostly cooked in the microwave, you get for what you pay for!!
Avoid eating here.

1  Thank hillbillyjoe

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry that you were left disappointed on your last visit to the pub. We operate as both a bar and a restaurant and strive to ensure that our standards are always high.

Hopefully we will see you back in the pub again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I am just here at 115 table, 3 times I asked the waiter for my beer! Answer wasn't nice! Desaster!!!! 6/12/2017 - 5.10pm, second floor! Few ppl. Service absolutly crap!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding you visit to the pub.

Unfortunately we do not have waiting staff in the pub as we take all food and drink orders at the bar.

However we do now have a new app where you can order from your table using your smart phone - with using the app the bar staff will then bring your food and drink to your table.

I apologies again and hopefully we will see you again soon

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Family Lunch last Sunday resulted in a disappointing experience. I eat out quite a lot around Dublin and expectations for fast food / pub lunch are realistic. But this experience was one I won't forget. The environment is warm and seems festive with decorations . But looks can be misleading. We ordered at the till point being told 25/ 30 min waiting time. My parents and sister ordered the Christmas Turkey meal. When it arrived they were shocked as the food was swamped in gravy making it difficult to identify what was on the plate. There was some more gravy in a small utensil on the plate...My sister mentioned to the server and she just shrugged her shoulders...I understand young weekend staff are just p/t & customer service is not expected to be great but this was ridiculous. The turkey was like a patte and veg was Luke warm with no flavour, obviously reheated from frozen produce. I ordered a burger which I thought you could not get wrong. But the bun was not heated or toasted which did not make enjoyable it to eat. The chips were fine. We will not be returning. So if you do visit for a drink chips are your best bet...

Hi Aisling

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding you visit to the pub. I would like to apologies for the level of customer service you received and we will be looking into the matter to identify what went wrong on this occasion.

As a company we pride ourselves on our customer service and I can only apologies that on this occasion the experience you had was well below what we would expect our customers to receive.

I will also ensure your feedback is passed on to our kitchen manager to ensure they are aware of the issues that were present with your food on this occasion.

Hopefully you will return in the future to allow us to improve upon your last experience.