“Excellent ”

The Greyhound Cafe Bar
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Went to watch the Rugby and Football. Lovely atmosphere and staff. Brought everyone round some food on the house during the football. Very impressed!

Clive E, Owner at The Greyhound Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Niamh,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We aim to provide our customers with a most pleasant experience every time they visit us. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

the food was lovely and the service was good not long time to wait and the staff were very friendly. the price was reasonable.

Clive E, General Manager at The Greyhound Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Jemma,

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I used to hang out at The Greyhound quite a bit when I was growing up and I wouldn’t recognize it today. Totally changed inside and outside.

My friends and I had a drink there after dinner but the music was so so loud that we had to keeping shouting at each other to be heard. We had to leave after that one drink.

Definitely not for us but looks like it has become more of a disco bar for young kids - if that’s what you are looking for then it’s the place for you. But if you are looking for a place to hang out with friends and have a good chat then I would say no - not the place at all. The Bell can still offer that atmosphere !

1  Thank ShazFay

Hi Shay,

Thank you for taking the time to review us I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on the night you visited us, we have two snug areas one in the bar and one in the lounge where we tend to keep the music down late at night. I presume it was late on a Friday / Saturday night when you visited us.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Was home at Christmas and went out for a pint with my Dad - I loved the atmosphere and man what a transformation from when I used to go in the late 80s - night and day. Check it out when you are driving by or in the vicinity - they also do great food - lots to choose from.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I was there once few month ago as it seemed to be the only place open late in the area. We paid 5 euro entrance each. When we came in, we felt like in the school disco. The place itself is worn and needs a refurbishment. Music was ok. We had one drink and left.

Hi, sorry we did not respond to you review previously. Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Can I just say we do take all reviews, comments and suggestions seriously and from your review I just want to say we have a strict 21s door policy which we adhere to, whilst we last done a refurbishment in 2014 we have just completed another refurbishment. We take our appearance serious and want to offer the best we can to all our customers. I would love for you to give us another try and maybe let us know what you think.