“Good for brunch”
Review of Cottage Cafe

Cottage Cafe
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

After visiting a few places in the area for breakfast lunch we finished up going to the cottage cafe. Parking was convenient and food was good. My 8 year old daughter gave the bacon panini 8 out of 10 and I enjoyed the mini breakfast - everything on the breakfast was fresh. My son had a chicken wrap but would have preferred fresh orange juice. Decor (picture added) has been updated and is warm and welcoming.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

It is a pity that such cozy place with lovely home made food and friendly staff damages its own reputation by neglecting the service outside. I came there once at early lunch time ( after 12 pm) and despite the fact that restaurant was opened since the morning they weren't ready to serve the lunch. i was sitting outside but I have to go inside to ask for menu and to order. Then I got my Cesar salad without half of the ingredients..... In the end of the day they sorted it out quickly and I still will be coming there. I've visited this restaurant several times and always enjoyed it so I can forgive them this one time. I love their home made Polish dishes, especially Cutlet de Volaille. Each dish is served with delicious set of 3 salads and potatoes of your choice. They are happy to fulfill any extra wishes so sometimes we ask for Polish Silesian dumplings in delicious gravy instead of potatoes. Yammie !

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had a nice coffee with a very delicious cake. The ambience was very good. We enjoyed our time having our coffee and cake

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I really like this spot! Really nice coffee, the friendly staff keep me coming back. Feel like I can sit outside for as long as I like and not feel in the way taking up a table! Food is good too! I've only eaten there once but I will be going back to eat there soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

So, my wife raved about this place and wanted me to join her and the kids to experience it. Glorious Sunday evening so we sat outside in the lovely street side area, under parasols. There's a lovely friendly atmosphere and the place is a little quirky too, but in a good way.

The menu is varied and well priced for the quality and type of food. I went for chicken fajita and it was one of the nicest I've ever had. The kids had a beautiful fish and chips between them. All in all, seriously tasty fare.

The desert menu was hit too, and deep fried Oreos are a revelation! The Eton mess deserved a second helping.

The staff are friendly and very welcoming, but a little slow and disorganised. Their pleasant demeanour and the top quality food made up for any shortcomings and this has become my new favourite local spot.