“Love this spot, great coffee”
Review of Cottage Cafe

Cottage Cafe
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I really like this spot! Really nice coffee, the friendly staff keep me coming back. Feel like I can sit outside for as long as I like and not feel in the way taking up a table! Food is good too! I've only eaten there once but I will be going back to eat there soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

So, my wife raved about this place and wanted me to join her and the kids to experience it. Glorious Sunday evening so we sat outside in the lovely street side area, under parasols. There's a lovely friendly atmosphere and the place is a little quirky too, but in a good way.

The menu is varied and well priced for the quality and type of food. I went for chicken fajita and it was one of the nicest I've ever had. The kids had a beautiful fish and chips between them. All in all, seriously tasty fare.

The desert menu was hit too, and deep fried Oreos are a revelation! The Eton mess deserved a second helping.

The staff are friendly and very welcoming, but a little slow and disorganised. Their pleasant demeanour and the top quality food made up for any shortcomings and this has become my new favourite local spot.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Used to go here since it first opened. Staff were always generally very polite and the food was always good. I always enjoyed trying their home-made speciality dishes from their own cuisine.

But last time we visited we sat outside for a change and there also were two staff members sitting outside chatting at an adjacent table. Perhaps they were on a break.

We sat there, and sat there, and sat there, until about 20 minutes passed by without anyone coming out to even hand us a menu. You would expect someone to come out as it was a fairly warm day too (we never sit outside unless it is really warm!).

What was even more annoying was that even if those two staff members were on their break, you would have thought after seeing us sit there for that long that at least one of them would have got up and gone inside either to (a) get us a menu or (b) inform whoever was working currently to come outside as there were customers waiting.

Sorry but we don't need to be treated that way and if a business doesn't want our custom then that's not a problem to us, we won't go back.

1  Thank SarkaCZ
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely place, small and cozy, with a great service, always with a smile and a personalised touch. The Polish dishes are simply amazing. I am a constant visitor, going there for dinner mostly, but lunch as well, at least once a month, and will continue doing so, and bringing friends and visitors from abroad, because it is really worth it - price, quality, ambient. Delicious!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Have been here with work, family & friends.such a nice place.food is lovely and staff so friendly.really cozy place to dine and relax in front of a lovely fire.

1  Thank Kim M