“Comfortable surroundings and friendly service!”
Review of Sanctuary Bar

Sanctuary Bar
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I recently visited the Sanctuary Bar for lunch with my daughter and her family. The service was friendly and efficient and the surroundings very comfortable. We sampled the carvery food and while the portions were ample and good value for money the food could have been somewhat hotter. The birdcage in the lobby was great attraction for my grandson.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We regularly stop here for dinner, any days of the week. We find the Forchetta excellent, for service, management, and quality of food and wine. And price! We never had a noisy stay, means we can talk over dinner, enjoy the music and the food, while sitting at our fav spot near the sound-proof windows. Look forward to our next meal! Thanks

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Six of us ate dinner here twice. Good menu and better than the usual pub food. Friendly, helpful service--altho a bit slow one night because the place was busy. All of us enjoyed our food. Beer selection was okay, but not as large as I would have expected.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Good bar food and choice of drinks. Pleasant, modern surroundings. A good choice for a drink and an evening meal.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

First thing about this hotel I noticed, is how clean and modern it is. There is a wonderful bird cage in the lobby which houses a few beautiful bird's, something my son loved.

The bar area itself is open and spacious looking and the day we were there, not very busy.

When we sat down, we were immediately offered menus but did have to get the waiting staff's attention to take our order. One of the things I loved about this place was, the waitress "Karen", asked if my young son would like some crayons and a colouring book and then brought down a beautiful looking colouring pack. Think this is a great idea and it looked good.

The food was tasty but have to say, if I was ordering again, I would ask for plain chips, not spicy ones, which I believe are the norn in the hotel. We were also given an array of sauces, all of which was delivered and displayed nicely on a wooden board.

Really recommend this place and will definitely be back. Food was nice, staff friendly (especially Karen) and I loved the colouring set idea for the children.