“Smashing ”

Maximilians Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious food served in salubrious surrounds with live music on weekends
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing menu. Massive portions of highest quality ingredients. Atmosphere very relaxed. Service friendly and make you feel comfy. Waitress was having good sense of humour and she was very relaxed smiling all the time and asking from time to time do we like it. Another facility is they having hangers for coats in separate room. Rich choice of wines. All staff was so so so friendly, smiling. I dont know how is on weekends. I was there on thursday and we took table for 2,5 hour. Slowly eating our meals enjoing wine and having a lot time for chat. Nobody said that booking is just for 1 or 1,5 hour as most restaurants in city do. If you want have realy 100% nice experience go for it!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Located on the floor above Supervalu, we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here. We had a birthday dinner for a group of 6 (there is a 10% service charge for group of 6 or more). Service was very good and good served quickly. We had buffalo chicken wings for starters and while it was not hot and sour, the 6wings tasted really nice with some aioli. The only thing I didn't really like was complimentary garlic bread as it was served cold, but that's because I think it would taste better warm. For mains we had black spaghetti (from squid ink) and mixed seafood, and spaghetti alle vongole. Both were huge servings with plenty seafood and a befitting wine sauce. Not at all like those restaurants that serves loads of pasta and cut back on the seafood. With mains costing less than €20 each, and also cutting and serving the birthday cake for us, this is a restaurant that provides superb food and service at very reasonable prices. Make sure you go hungry.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Nice place and good food!
We had a team lunch, some took food from business lunch options, some from menu.
Mussels and prawns were great!
As bouillabaisse soup.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Very Welcoming Staff. Toni and Ana were so friendly and helpful. Attentive Care throughout our meal . Food was amazing and well timed intervals. Never felt rushed . Highly recommended and best Restaurant in Blanchardstown area. Keep up the good work guys and Thanks for the kind thought presenting us our Anniversary Cake.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The food was good but we couldn't enjoy it. There was two women beside us who were clearly drunk. They were loud, using bad language, knocked a glass over etc. Given that this is a family restaurant I really didn't expect it. I asked the waitress if we could move but she said it was fully booked. Even though we had complained the staff continued to serve the women Morgan spice and gin and tonic. We ended up taking our main to go. I said to the waitress my point that it was a family restaurant and they continued to serve even though there was an issue and she just said they can't not serve. We won't be back again. We paid full price even though we took the majority of the main home. I could only eat 2 slices of my pizza.

Definitely avoid.