“Huge portions of delicious Italian food, at very good prices”

Maximilians Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious food served in salubrious surrounds with live music on weekends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Located on the floor above Supervalu, we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here. We had a birthday dinner for a group of 6 (there is a 10% service charge for group of 6 or more). Service was very good and good served quickly. We had buffalo chicken wings for starters and while it was not hot and sour, the 6wings tasted really nice with some aioli. The only thing I didn't really like was complimentary garlic bread as it was served cold, but that's because I think it would taste better warm. For mains we had black spaghetti (from squid ink) and mixed seafood, and spaghetti alle vongole. Both were huge servings with plenty seafood and a befitting wine sauce. Not at all like those restaurants that serves loads of pasta and cut back on the seafood. With mains costing less than €20 each, and also cutting and serving the birthday cake for us, this is a restaurant that provides superb food and service at very reasonable prices. Make sure you go hungry.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Nice place and good food!
We had a team lunch, some took food from business lunch options, some from menu.
Mussels and prawns were great!
As bouillabaisse soup.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Very Welcoming Staff. Toni and Ana were so friendly and helpful. Attentive Care throughout our meal . Food was amazing and well timed intervals. Never felt rushed . Highly recommended and best Restaurant in Blanchardstown area. Keep up the good work guys and Thanks for the kind thought presenting us our Anniversary Cake.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The food was good but we couldn't enjoy it. There was two women beside us who were clearly drunk. They were loud, using bad language, knocked a glass over etc. Given that this is a family restaurant I really didn't expect it. I asked the waitress if we could move but she said it was fully booked. Even though we had complained the staff continued to serve the women Morgan spice and gin and tonic. We ended up taking our main to go. I said to the waitress my point that it was a family restaurant and they continued to serve even though there was an issue and she just said they can't not serve. We won't be back again. We paid full price even though we took the majority of the main home. I could only eat 2 slices of my pizza.

Definitely avoid.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

This was our first time to visit Maximilians on new years and it certainly won't be the last...
Hats off to Rudy and his team for pulling off an amazing night.
The food was amazing along with the entertainment.
First starter: Thai style prawn soup, excellent. Second starter: Duck leg, amazing and for my mains... Surf and turf (nicest fillet of steak, with king prawn on top, along with this kinda potato cake underneath) was absolutely superb!! Desserts all great...
The night was so comfortable, the courses were served with reasonable time between them, which was good considering they weren't served stacked upon one and other, gave you that little bit of time to digest and enjoy your meals.
This really was a different new years eve outing. If you don't like to be squashed while dining out, or having to get a taxi into town and then home again, or that long delay waiting to be served in a city centre bar... (to me this is all hassle) then I'd certainly recommend this place for your new years eve night out.
You won't be disappointed.
I arrived with my partner and one other couple and we all agreed that it was an amazing night. You actually get to hear your conversation whilst dining in a really comfortable environment.
Lastly, if it wasn't for your waitress who sold this night to us while I was there Xmas week with my partner and son, we'd of never of know. So thank you.
Rudy and his wife were excellent hosts. Massimo, the manager and a great entertainer (fantastic singing, that got the crowd going in the early hours was amazing) along with everyone else, chefs and waiters all superb...
Job really well done. Thank you, looking forward to next year already... Legs are still sore from all the dancing

2  Thank hillbillyjoe