“Excellent modern hotel”

Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Stayed here for one night as I needed a hotel relatively close to the airport. Couldn't fault it. Got an upgrade due to platinum IHG membership, the room on the 9th floor was superb. Boutique room with two widescreen tellies, modern four poster bed, complimentary half bottle of wine. Didn't eat here, but the bar was busy and buzzing. Very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,758)

Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the 15th & 16th November. First impressions were good, the hotel is new and modern, the rooms are nicely decorated and well equiped. Unfortunately the positive comments end there, on entering my room there was a distinct toilet smell and the wardrobe had very few coat hangers. On passing I had a word with reception and asked them to rectify. I ate in the bar on my first night and ordered a Thai Red Curry, one of my favouites, but it arrived luke cold and was the worst imitation of a Thai Curry i've ever been presented with, it was more like a chip shop curry!!! I duly sent it back and ordered a medium rare steak with chips and pepper sauce, it arrived, again lukewarm and overcooked, i couldn't be bothered to complaon and reorder so I ate the meal. To complete my evening my key card didnt work and i had to get the lift from the 8th floor to have it recoded at reception.....needless to say I will not return!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

For a weekend stay in Dublin we chose the Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown. I'm a customer of the hotel chain, and it looked like the best option (the Holiday Inn in town has quite a bad reputation), and we weren't disappointed. As a Priority Club platinum member we were upgraded to a nicer room with 2 big beds that were just right for the 4 of us (2 kids + parents).

The hotel is almost brand new, stylish and faultless, although a swimming pool/health club would have been great. The bus stop for city centre or the airport was near and convenient, but I don't think that the location was that good: 30 minutes from downtown Dublin, and the shopping centre closing at 7 PM on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.

But anyway, I can certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank josmon10
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This is a brilliant hotel with terrific staff. I was a little apprehensive when I saw that their restaurant had an Italian theme as my wife likes plain food. The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive and anything that was not suitable they had an alternative for her- 10 out of 10!
Sometimes you would be slow to believe that a hotel gets such a high rating but this one truly deserves it. We had stayed at the Clarion Liffey Valley two weeks earlier , which is another 4 star hotel, and this one leaves it standing.
An added bonus is to have the Blanchardstown shopping centre on the doorstep

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Stayed here with my teenage daughter for three nights. We chose here for shopping at the Blanchardstown shopping centre. Our room was lovely, very clean - very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good. We also dined at lunch time and evening and the food was delicious.
The bar was very busy on the last evening and we did wait a short period for our food but the waitress was very apologetic which was fine. I appreciated they were busy. I used the gym each day and it was great!!
Overall an excellent stay, David the front office manager has a lovely way with him and I would recommend to the unhappy customers to ask for him and he would willing sort out any problems.
Thank you to Pius and the team for a relaxing few days. I will return soon
Michelle

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shelly-ann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
9.6 km away
6.3 km away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
4.6 km away
Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!