Twelfth Lock Hotel(Castleknock)
US$143
US$102
US$92
  • Pool
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$174
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
Palmerstown Lodge(Palmerstown)
TripAdvisor
1,877 results
All reviewsnational aquatic centregreat hotelretail parkshopping triptayto parkseparate showercity centrebusiness tripbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelmodern hotelfamily roomstayed here for one nightdublin airportsanctuary barforchetta restaurantihg
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the 15th & 16th November. First impressions were good, the hotel is new and modern, the rooms are nicely decorated and well equiped. Unfortunately the positive comments end there, on entering my room there was a distinct toilet smell and the wardrobe had very few coat hangers. On passing I had a word with reception and asked them to rectify. I ate in the bar on my first night and ordered a Thai Red Curry, one of my favouites, but it arrived luke cold and was the worst imitation of a Thai Curry i've ever been presented with, it was more like a chip shop curry!!! I duly sent it back and ordered a medium rare steak with chips and pepper sauce, it arrived, again lukewarm and overcooked, i couldn't be bothered to complaon and reorder so I ate the meal. To complete my evening my key card didnt work and i had to get the lift from the 8th floor to have it recoded at reception.....needless to say I will not return!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

For a weekend stay in Dublin we chose the Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown. I'm a customer of the hotel chain, and it looked like the best option (the Holiday Inn in town has quite a bad reputation), and we weren't disappointed. As a Priority Club platinum member we were upgraded to a nicer room with 2 big beds that were just right for the 4 of us (2 kids + parents).

The hotel is almost brand new, stylish and faultless, although a swimming pool/health club would have been great. The bus stop for city centre or the airport was near and convenient, but I don't think that the location was that good: 30 minutes from downtown Dublin, and the shopping centre closing at 7 PM on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.

But anyway, I can certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank josmon10
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This is a brilliant hotel with terrific staff. I was a little apprehensive when I saw that their restaurant had an Italian theme as my wife likes plain food. The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive and anything that was not suitable they had an alternative for her- 10 out of 10!
Sometimes you would be slow to believe that a hotel gets such a high rating but this one truly deserves it. We had stayed at the Clarion Liffey Valley two weeks earlier , which is another 4 star hotel, and this one leaves it standing.
An added bonus is to have the Blanchardstown shopping centre on the doorstep

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Stayed here with my teenage daughter for three nights. We chose here for shopping at the Blanchardstown shopping centre. Our room was lovely, very clean - very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good. We also dined at lunch time and evening and the food was delicious.
The bar was very busy on the last evening and we did wait a short period for our food but the waitress was very apologetic which was fine. I appreciated they were busy. I used the gym each day and it was great!!
Overall an excellent stay, David the front office manager has a lovely way with him and I would recommend to the unhappy customers to ask for him and he would willing sort out any problems.
Thank you to Pius and the team for a relaxing few days. I will return soon
Michelle

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shelly-ann
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel, with my family, for several days every six months or so, since it opened. After checking out today, I will not be checking in again- Under any circumstances.
To be brief, I am a Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, so the IHG brands are those I generally trust.
Everything is too much for the little darlings they employ as 'staff', and the word 'hospitality' is a word with no meaning to most of the staff I had the misfortune of coming across.
We had problems all along the way- No smile or proper welcome, complimentary items not in the room, cleaners who don't wish to clean, waiting staff who don't know how to serve, reception staff who don't smile, and who are rude. We ended up cleaning our own room, and aside from breakfast, we chose to eat outside- Believe me, the food is okay, but the restaurant managers are in the wrong jobs.
The hotel was unfortunately busy, and so they'll probably get away with it, but I hope that people vote with their wallets and stay away.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pingpongb
35318977777, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am deeply saddened to hear that your experience of our hotel was so far below the standard that you have come to expect from both this hotel and other IHG properties, and the level of service that guests typically enjoy at our hotel.

I appreciate that the review you have posted has been a brief out line for the benefit of other travellers; however I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further if you could please forward me a contact number, my email address is dgreig@cpblanchardstown.ie

I’d also like to take this opportunity to most sincerely apologise to you for the experience that you have had on this recent stay.

David Greig