The hotel itself is excellent, decor very plush and glitzy, not at all the boring beige of hotels in recent years. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.
The food in both the restaurant and bar was of a very high standard and the size of the portions defeated us, the starters we ordered were so large that quite a bit of the main course had to be left un-eaten. We spent three nights there and found the menu in both the bar and restaurant varied enough to choose something different every evening. The staff were very helpful with regard to food intolerances
Every member of staff we had dealings with was attentive and helpful.
Our room was colourful and attractive with luxury wallpapers and high quality bedding. It wasn't large and was supposed to be a superior room, so standard rooms may be a bit of a tight-squeeze - that's an assumption - I don't know for certain.
There was plenty of parking space beside the hotel and the enormous Blanchardstown Shopping Centre is right on the doorstep – which is fine if you like chain stores selling goods that you could buy anywhere in Ireland and probably the U.K. as well. If you want better quality or more typically Irish goods you have to go into Dublin (not far) or out to areas more associated with tourism.
The only down-side to The Crown Plaza, in my opinion, was that we could have been in any European country, the staff were from everywhere, the menu was made up of dishes from many countries, the décor was cosmopolitan. From a business point of view, when I just want good facilities and helpful staff, it was spot-on. From a holiday point of view it was lacking in any hint of ‘Irishness’
The hotel isn’t handy for the shopping streets and sights of Dublin but taxis are usually quite a fair price in Dublin and the proximity of the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre means that busses appeared to be quite regular.
We were on a late deal so the value was exceptional - I have no idea of the rack rate but I would happily pay far more than we did, the hotel is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Dublin Blanchardstown is located in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, just off the N3 and minutes from the M50 motorway. Dublin Airport is 7 km away. It has a restaurant serving contemporary Italian cuisine, 14 fully equipped meeting rooms, a bar, and bedrooms featuring brand new beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown Hotel Blanchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Blandchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Blandchardstown
- Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown County Dublin