All reviews sogo department stores underground shopping mall excellent location within walking distance hotpot shabu shabu triple room replenished daily free bottled water just round the corner mrt stations hotel guests taipei main station rice hotel is located moomin basements
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is near shopping malls and near MRT Stations, the hotel is clean, the room is Big, comfortable Bed & Pillow, the staff are friendly, they even gave us breakfast to go for our trip back to Philippines. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Taipei, rooms are modern and overall clean, and good value for money. Although the shower drain was full of hair from a previos guest, which I found very disgusting,

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ricardoisita
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The hotel is a bit old, you can see from the exterior and interior. But housekeeping is good. They kept our room clean and provided us with all the things that we need every day (towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, hair dryer, coffee, tea, among others). The front desk speak English so we didn't had a hard time communicating. The food is not buffet style, but if you order their meal set, that would still make you full. I love their fruits and drinks. But generally the hotel is average (because it's old). I have been to better hotels before. But overall the experience was still good. By the way, it's near the train station so you can just walk from the hotel to the station to go to the tourist destinations in Taiwan.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I stayed 6 days in this hotel which was central to everything, and went to many places on foot and metro. The breakfast packages were very unique but most of all they were delicious.The Moomin cafe is very artistic is design and very "animated" with creative stuff dolls!

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank ric1215
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I travel to Taipei for at least 6-8 times a year and this was a quick weekend trip with my friends. Location was everything so this was perfect! We were <5mins away to the metro access - this was also an underground shopping mall, across the road you have SOGO and the famous “ah zong” oyster noodles, just in front of the hotel you have MANY food options and Shin Yeh is <200 steps away. There are great coffee places and SHABU SHABU just 2-3 streets down and I loved how it’s close to everything yet quiet enough to have a peaceful rest! The rooms are well sized and toilets are huge (coming from HK/Japan)! We stayed on the 8th floor (9th is the highest) and as a very light sleeper, I had uninterrupted sleep and was very very pleased! Whilst it may not be the newest hotel on the block, no one beats this for location/price; since we spent <10 hours a day indoors as we are out exploring the city , we were content!

It was raining every day that we were there, so it was great that the hotel had umbrellas on standby and there’s also free coffee at the reception area. Highly recommend this to anyone on a quick trip and would like to stay in the “heart” of it all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends