Lowest prices for your stay
US$74
US$60
Booking.comUS$103
PricelineUS$103
eDreamsUS$103
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2019

Booking Rido Hotel on its own website is easy and saves money. Welcome is warm and the rooms are great. We had a room with park view, a bath tube with jacuzzi function, hot drinks any time, excellent beds and nice little gifts (fruits) for the day.
Breakfast is hearty and cooked to Asian style, excellent coffee (WMF coffee makers). Do not miss the afternoon tea from 13.30 to 17.00 hours: free coffee tea and snacks in the basement of the building.
All in all: In the future first choice in Taipei.
Congrats to the management and the team.
To access from metro: Red line Daan park station, there exit 1 is nearest (but has no escalator).

Room tip: park view is worth the extra
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Jrondelle
Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Rido for a one week business trip. To be honest, I was not overly looking forward to it as it was outside the area I normally stay in and am familiar with.
Just goes to show how wrong you can be!

This is a cracking little place and so convenient. Very helpful and pleasant staff. 7-11 and MRT station practically next door and one of the busiest touristy areas just across the street for food and drinks.

Room wasn’t the swankiest I have ever had but it was spotless and I struggle to find a reason to knock my rating down.
Bed was a little firm for me but I often struggle to sleep so probably best to go with others recommendations that day the beds are wonderful.

Breakfast was adequate. Not the biggest selection but again, had everything I wanted so full marks.

No restaurant or bar but with everything so close you could live with it. Maybe it’s just me, but I love a bar. Not just because I like a drink, but because you can sometimes meet interesting folks and widen your network. Cannot tell you how many useful contacts I have made this way.

All in all, cannot fault so 5 stars.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank richarda547
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

Can't complain anything about this hotel for the price i paid. The hotel is a bit old. Very conveniently located in red line next to the Daan park station. Entrance lobby was a bit small, but the staff were very friendly. Room was spacious and nicely maintained. Bathroom was pari big with a huge bathtub. Breakfast was fairly good. I loved it more because I went there after Japan, where you get only Japanese breakfast. Rido hotel aan unique thing of free afternoon tea/coffee. They provide cookies and crackers with this tea. Nice to wait if you have a late evening flight.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bkoustubh
Reviewed 26 November 2018

Entrance lobby was very small but staff was efficient, very cheerful n helpful. They immediately confirmed my request for a plastic chair to be used in the shower for my mom with reduced mobility was arranged already. The hotel lift was very small n with my mom in wheelchair, after I pushed her in, I couldn’t squeeze in the big suitcase. After struggling for about 5 minutes without success, I had to pull out the wheelchair n requested my mom to stand up n walk in slowly. Otherwise no way we could go up to our room n at that time, there was nobody to help as I didn't yelled and the staff couldn't see the lift area. In the next few days, I noticed once we arrived at the front desk, the staff there would all stand up to greet us with very respectful attitude and offered to help. All staff were very friendly including the cleaning lady we just saw in the lift.

Design of the hotel was quite old fashioned n room size very tight if we had 2 big suitcases. The bed was comfortable n there were 4 bottles of complimentary water. The jacuzzi bath tub took up around 1/3 of the space which made the shower area very squeezed. Since there was only half a glass door for the shower, the floor got a bit wet after the shower but was manageable. Noise outside at the door could be heard clearly. In room WiFi was strong n stable. TV had international channels like AXN, Animal Planet, Cartoon Network, CCTV 4, CNN, Discovery Channel, Disney, Fox Sports, HBO, Hollywood, National Geographic, NHK, TLC n TVBS. Noise in the corridor could easily be heard inside the room.

Taxi fare NT$1,200 from airport n upon arrival, taxi driver immediately offered return fare at NT$1,000 with one day advanced notice. Opposite was Da’an Part MRT exit and 1 block away was Dongmen exit. Turn right outside the hotel, there’s a Family Mart on the right hand side of first traffic light. A Ding Tai Fung Restaurant was just one block away opposite the hotel. If you turn right at the first traffic light, there was a Citibank and almost 2 blocks away was Wulao Hotpot!

Breakfast was simple but adequate given the room rate for this hotel. Good salad, simple bread for toast. Congee with several kinds of condiments, 2 kinds of eggs but fried eggs over-cooked. Mostly hot dishes with 2 kinds of vegetables, ham n sausages, fried rice and braised meat with rice. There were water melons, passion fruits n local oranges. Juices were no good. Breakfast hours 7-10 am but when we arrived at 9:30 a.m. the first morning, other than hot dishes, all others were almost empty without refill. We got enough food on the table but finished around 10:40 am. The lady rushed to clear the table n grumbled a bit. Seems like she’s part time n had to rush to the next job. Next day I apologised to her for the delay n she said because the operating hours for breakfast supposed to be till 10 am. Thereafter she was very helpful n friendly. Free snacks and drinks were offered everyday from 1:30-5 pm.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I stayed in this hotel for a few nights as part of a weeklong visit to Taipei. I was upgraded to a suit at the Rido hotel and had a fabulous stay. It's incredibly close to the train station, in walking distance to yummy shops, and across from a pretty park that you can see out the window.

Most importantly, I got the BEST sleep of my life at this hotel. The bed was amazingly comfortable -- the most comfortable bed I have slept on in any Asian country or home in the USA. I am returning to Taiwan this Christmas as well, as will be back just to get another night's unbelievable sleep.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
RidoHotel, 前廳部經理 at Rido Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!