All reviewstonghua night marketmrt stationper nightminute walklocationeateriestaipei
Reviewed 14 August 2017

From the moment we entered the customer service was impressive. We asked for some simple directions and the lady behind the reception desk went above and beyond to make sure we arrived safely to our destination.

The room is spacious, which is extremely rare for anywhere in Asia. The beds are comfortable and the room itself is very...wait for it...charming. It has an old school feel to it, but with modern amenities.

Room Tip: We were put on the 9th floor next to the elevators and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CharmingCityHotels, 訂房 at Taipei Charming City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Close by to the Tonghua Night Market

Pricing $79.88 per night x 7 = $559.16

Tina's Travels and Tabloid
- Fair price for the stay with excellent service (that is well versed in English) and helped with planning, if needed
- The location is super close to McDonald's, bakeries, the night market, etc.
- All you can eat free continental Chinese and western breakfast with stay! The guy who collects the tickets is a stickler though! Hahah, he's on it!
- Xiao Long Bao @ Taipei Charming City Hotel was the greatest start to my morning
- Hotel room was clean and kept well. The MRT Station was like a 5 minute walk away!
- I would come back to this one again. It was so convenient to get to places and safe, I thought anyway!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaTheWanderLuster
CharmingCityHotels, 訂房 at Taipei Charming City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

The pictures of hotel on some of the internet booking site is very different than the actually hotel.
It is aged and smelly. The bathroom has mold and not well maintained. Please see picture. I'm paying $100 a night. I think it's expensive for what you get here. I advise you spend little more money to get better hotel. I writing this review so that some of you don't get full by pictures.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ryanbang
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Once again we stayed at the Charming City Hotel in Taipei. I wouldn't go anywhere else. The service is great, rooms are fine, locality is the best as its so close to all amenities. The price is reasonable for the quality that you get. Its our favorite.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2016

This hotel is 5 min walk to Taipei 101 and for the price is a great value

Now its a bit tired and need of upgrade BUT not dirty or unkept. Just tired

The staff are very very helpful.

Loads of shops and little eateries along the way to Taipei 101

If you want value for your stay then I recommend this but don't expect 5 star, you aren't paying for 5 star to be fair and reasonable.

The restaurant is a bit odd. Its in a windowless basement. We are talking 3 levels down. But overall its not bad. They try their best to put on western items such as French toast and bacon. Its not top notch but they truly do try the best to make things for you they way you like. A for effort

Is a good hotel in a good location and I would recommend it

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business