Just visited PBCR for Spring Break and loved it! This was our first family dive trip, and it was amazing. We felt lucky to be on a dive trip as the weather was mostly rainy 3 days straight, but who cares when you’re headed underwater! Great experience as my 11 year old son finished his open water certification with the DM Lonnie; David was conscientious with the proper paperwork too. Thankfully the sun came out for the last day when we booked the Limasawa boat trip which included 2-snorkel stops, a hike to where Magellan held mass, and a beach picnic. While I thought the snorkeling in Limasawa was the best I've ever done; on a par with BVI and the Great Barrier Reef with so much colorful and varied coral and sea life, it's a spectacular memory. The property is exactly as described on the website, private and remote. Once in Cebu it still takes a long time to get there – 45 minute taxi to ferry terminal, 3 hour ferry ride to Ormoc, and 3 hour van transfer along the west coast down to the resort, what an adventure! The return went a little quicker with a 3.5 hour early morning van transfer through the east coast mountains to Tacloban, 35 minute flight to Cebu then onward. We enjoyed the privacy and quiet this resort offers; we had the pool, beachfront and sitting room to ourselves when the other couple was off diving or touring, and combined easily with them other times for meals and activities. David and Delia are gracious hosts and work hard to create your holiday just as you want it from helping with transportation, booking activities and creating amazingly delicious and filling meals; their staff (Cielo and Honey) are outstanding and the men at the waterfront are always smiling and kind. We really enjoyed our 5 days in paradise and highly recommend PBCR!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Philippines