See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This was my second stay at the hotel however they have changed their business model to allow a swarm of people across the straits. There was a lot of pushing and shoving. For breakfast, we were told that it starts at 7 but to come at 9am as the swarm of people flock in at 7am leaving no room for other guests. It frankly makes this hotel a less desirable choice. They are now catering to one style of traveller and have taken it off my business travel list.

The good thing about this hotel is the proximity to Taipei arena station - right outside the door step. Catching bus 306 to Rao He night market is easy at 10 minutes away or bus 282 towards the Linjang night market at 15-20 minutes. Buses from hotel are flat fee so pay on the way out and tap your card once. 15 NT for adult and 8 for children. Get a travel card for convenience.

Do do pack a breakfast box if checking out early. 30-40 mins in the morning to the airport and 1,200 NT flat fee. Best to arrange in advance.

The gave me a room without a window however when I asked them to give me a room with a window they said the hotel does not offer or have such rooms. Bad thing to say when I have stayed there before and I did have a window. They just give them all away to the swarm of people.

Watch out for personal safety as there was reports of theft and hotel doors are not self closing.

Again I have now blacklisted this hotel for business travel and would have reservations about staying here with family again. Would prefer a Beauty Hotel.

For the service, feel and the lie I was told, $200SGD a night is not worth it. They also don't reply to emails in English.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Solid hotel for business travel. Good size room, clean, great location right beside a MRT station, lots of cafes & and restaurants in the area. Breakfast offerings was very good. Only thing I did like was the cleaning solution fragrant. Will make my preferred choice next time I am in Taipei.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BobbyB Traveler B
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Really close to the metro, there are also three of these along the street so beware when taking a cab or anything. This one is next to the Taipei arena metro station. The Songshan and nanjingfuxing stops also have a capital hotel right next two them.

The breakfast is great and should be included in the price of the room. It is across from the arena so if you plan careful maybe you can go see a show or something while you are visits Taiwan.

It is about. 20 min walk to Raohe night market which closes around 12am.

Two metro stops away from the hotel is also how to get to the market faster.

Room Tip: Make sure you book through Ctrip, breakfast included and cheaper than the actual hotel
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cbono90
benson_wu, 行銷公關 at Capital Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Thank you for choosing Capital Hotel Taipei and taking the time to share your experience.
Your comments are vitally important to us. We would like to thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Capital Hotel across from the Taipei Statium was clean with kind staff, they will hold your luggage before your room is available. Rooms were spacious, we had 2 queens beds for my mom, niece and me. Breakfast is served from 7 to 10 am on the 11th floor. Taxi and train is easily accessible but there is not much to do in the neighborhood.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
benson_wu, 行銷公關 at Capital Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Reviewed 9 February 2016

stayed in this hotel several times (2010, 2013). place is just walk away from the Taipei Arena MRT Station so if you plan to go to tourist spots accesible via MRT around Taipei, this hotel is a good place to stay. Breakfast is good. Rooms and beds are good for a 3-4 star hotel. Some staffs are able to converse in English also,

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family