Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$95
Agoda.comUS$96
eDreamsUS$95
Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2020

I love this hostel. And this review may be bias because I lived here on/off for about four months while I was stuck in Taiwan due to COVID-19 after traveling around the world for a year.

I chose to stay only in this hostel while I was living in Taipei because this hostel is THAT NICE. I've stayed in crappy, dirty hostels when I've traveled and this one is really, truly special.

First, it is very clean and modern. It has a really lovely interior decor that's very simple and sustainable but comfortable too. The treehouse and seating area is fun and has a nice communal vibe.

Also, there is central air con. Staying in Taiwan in to summer is brutally hot so having a cool, comfortable place to relax was perfect. Each room has air con as well that works really well.

Rooms. I stayed in a mix of dorms and private rooms while I was here. The dorms are quite comfortable. Full mattresses (which you don't always get in Taiwan), nice privacy shades, good locker space, etc. There could be a few more hooks in the room, but overall, it's really quite nice. I stayed in the Female Deluxe dorm and it was really nice. And not too much street noise outside. The shared bathrooms are nice and clean too with lots of space. Only quibble here is that there are only TWO showers in the shared bathroom. If the hostel is full, it's not nearly enough, so watch your time.

Private rooms, the single is really the perfect size. Layout is functional, the desk is a great feature to have (especially if you are taking Chinese classes) and the shower in the room gives a lot of privacy without hogging up the space. Rooms get great light and are a nice break away from the hostel if you need it. Wifi is overall good in the rooms too. I stayed in a double room just before I left Taipei and had a more mixed experience. Still great space and layout, but the shower head didn't work as well and needed to be held the entire time and I had housekeeping issues with them coming very irregularly (compared to single room). Wifi on the ground floor rooms was really weak too.

Kitchen/Breakfast. This is also excellent. The breakfast you get daily is VERY generous and nicely made for a hostel. I loved everything I had and I got to try a lot of local Taiwan fruits and dishes. I got incredibly spoiled from this. The hostel also has a small kitchen with fridge space. It's pretty well stocked but can also get busy. That said, this was a nice feature to have.

Street noise. The hostel is located by main station but tucked away from the major busy roads. There can be some street noise if you face the road the hostel is on, but really it's minimal. There is a major hotel construction project though happening adjacent to the hostel and you will hear that. Construction is 7 days a week, from about 8am to 5pm (depending on weather). I tried to pick my rooms to minimize the noise but it's inevitable. And will be going on for awhile.

Neighborhood. I really loved where this hostel was located. Very easy access to main station trains, buses and MRT, and there is a ton of great local food around. IMO, the best pepper beef buns are next door to the hostel. Very nice taste for local life and I loved having so many good food options closeby.

Staff. They speak excellent English and are ready, willing and able to help with language barriers or issues in Taiwan and Taipei. Some staff is a bit more friendly than others, but everyone was really great. And available 24 hours. Truly, after that long in Taiwan, they became more like friends and still did whatever they could to help.

Activities. Hostel has weekly activities, but many of them were stopped due to the virus. So I can't speak much on that. But people who stayed earlier when they were still happening said it was fun. Maybe I'll be able to do that next time.

This is a VERY long review of the hostel but since I spent so much time there, I had a lot to share.

I really loved this hostel and my time there. If reality did not exist, I would have stayed longer too.

I'm really glad I found this hostel and could make it like a home. I would 100% recommend this to anyone going to Taipei to visit and next time I'm in town, this is where I'm staying.

xoxo

Date of stay: July 2020
3  Thank Bayjb
Reviewed 10 March 2020

This is a well-located hostel with many private room options. I stayed in a double room as well as a single over two periods in February.
It is a short walk from the main subway station, where the MRT from the airport deposits you. Star City is close to many shops and eating places and is a good base from which to explore Taipei.
The staff - from the friendly girls at reception to the very efficient and just as friendly folks in charge of breakfast - were all super. Top marks to them.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, with daily towel change much appreciated. Shower pressure was great.
There was also free water (hot and cold) and tea/coffee in the kitchen area.
All in, a delightful and well thought-out place. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank patwee
Reviewed 19 February 2020

Hostel is extremely clean and great public areas. Stayed in a single room and though compact, it is functional. Close to Taipei Main Station and easy to get to anywhere either by walking or by the metro. Definitely would stay again, highly recommended! Staff are friendly and extremely thoughtful!

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Angie O
Reviewed 28 January 2020

Stayed here one night and found the hostel to be quite neat, tidy and well-located in the older downtown district of Taipei.

It has a communal, ikea minimalist sort of vibe, which seemed to attract backpackers and solo travelers. There's a decent sized kitchen, and everything is new.

Had a room to ourselves, which was quite decently priced. It was compact, but comfortable. They also ask that you take your shoes off and leave them in cupboard before you enter.

Would easily stay here again, and wish I had stayed here the first time around.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Jebediah_Solomon
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

Hostel layout is very warm and comfortable !! Great staycation for people to come here and relax. There is also a guest relax area with a kitchen to make our own food and also to keep our food in the fridge. We had a great stay ! Thank you for the service you have given us !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank leeyinico