“Great sunset spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Kabron Ibiza Style Beach Club
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Pecatu
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Perched on the cliff of Uluwatu 50 meters above sea level. El Kabron Spanish Restaurant has the most Secluded Sunset in the Island of the Gods. With a modern Mediterranean decor you will experienced a truly Spanish atmosphere and a 180-degree view of the Indian Ocean to the endless horizon. Directly from the hands of our chef Marc Torices you will enjoy the pleasure of sharing Tapas and Paellas in the most traditional style. Classics and signature cocktails are waiting for you on the edge of the cliff. Join us for the most spectacular scenario at one of the hidden gems of Bali. The Spanish Experience since 2010
Singapore
“Great sunset spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The food is reasonably good but the best part about this place is its location. It sits on a cliff and offers a beautiful view of the beach below. Plus there's an infinity pool and beanie bags everywhere to simply laze with a drink. I also caught the most beautiful sunset here.

• Visited February 2012

• Polish first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“INCREDIBLE AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was here with my friend .... after fund the place ,,,, we get super surprised What a fantastic place !!!
the views are to day fore ... we wish sunset never end it !!!! the food is so good ...event if we love Indonesian chilly ...Spanish paella is really taste !!! tapas are so fun to share and well cooked ...
what can I say .... this is will be my regular place any time I visit Bali !!!!
FANTASTIC !!!!

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank LizaChan
Perth, Australia
“Massive Disappointment, never have I sent a whole dish back to the kitchen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

After reading the awesome reviews on TripAdvisor and being ranked the #2 best restaurant in Bali, we decided to visit this restaurant for our last night in Bali. We weren't too fussed about the location as we had a driver and our hotel was pretty far out too.

We planned it for a Saturday as the restaurant's website mentioned that:

"Saturdays starting at 4pm to 6pm.
Join us for drink, and the Tapas are on us!!
Live performances, fire shows, drums, magicians…Enjoy the different experience every Saturday "

We arrived at around 5.30/5.45pm and were greeted with a whole lot of mosquitoes and a total of 5 guests to an otherwise empty restaurant. There were no free tapas or performances/shows/drums/magicians of any sort.

We ordered seafood paella, garlic prawn entrees (defrosted, sauce was ok) and chicken/cheese croquettes (tasted like frozen ingham's nuggets) and short cut ribs for mains. All of which were recommended by the waiter as the most popular dishes.

The waiter said there'd be a 20 min wait for paella. We ended up waiting more than 30mins, and another 5 min more for the ribs.
The prawns in the paella were defrosted and unveined and clams tasted overcooked/off.

But boy, the short cut ribs!! Never have I sent a dish back! The meat was inedible, I chewed each piece 30 times before spitting it out as I couldn't swallow it. The potato sides were still raw too. Hard to believe it came from a supposed chef from a 3 Michelin star restaurant.

We complained to the waiter who spoke to the owner. The owner (might've been David? not sure, he didn't introduce himself) then offered to swap our mains but we just got a refund instead. He didn't even apologise for the poor meat, just said that it's not supposed to be tender, if we wanted something tender, we should've ordered something else. He blamed it on the supplier and said he'd have some better quality meat in April.

Overall, food and atmosphere was very average. Mosquitoes everywhere, we sprayed insect repellent furiously. The pool looked like one you'd find in any backyard.

Perhaps we would've been more impressed with the view/pool if we visited this place early on in our trip, however, we had very high expectations after experiencing gorgeous sunsets and food in Seminyak and Jimbaran Bay.

My advice, save your money and time and go to Seminyak for sunsets. The Breeze at Samaya and Potato Head were 100 times better than this. We ended up going for a second meal/dessert at another restaurant near our hotel coz we were still hungry. Disappointing end to what was a wonderful trip in Bali.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Caz L
“One place to see in Bali beyond your expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Amazing spot you must see in Bali. Excellent spanish food from spanis Chef. You can enjoy delicious lunch or dinner, refresh your self in the pool and relax. Most importantly you will experience absolute God's see view. Enjoy :)

7 Thank JanOnRoad
Bali, Indonesia
“Stunning View , A Spanish Oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The first time was a little bit hard to find the venue, a few signage and our first time on that area made us lost our way a few times.... once we found that place....I was pampered by the stunning view... oh my God... its an exotic place, the Blue sky, blue ocean and stone swimming pool... so fascinating. We was host by Mr David, one of the owner... he served us some item from the menu, I must say I was impressed by the food presentation and every single bite was a gift... Its just so nice and just right, as the times goes by.. I have to leave the venue... but it's hard enough for me to left the restaurant, since the scenic view hypnotize me :)
I think David and team just made a great breakthrough here, I wish you the best luck, and see you again on the venue. Great Stunning El Kabron

• Visited October 2011