“Good food, great atmosphere, wonderful service”
Review of Perlas

Perlas
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue, Fast food, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Just great Bar food with lots of entertainment and dancing
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My family dined here for dinner last week and had a wonderful experience. The overall atmosphere is friendly and fun (it is one large open space with a bar and tables and also with games like a pool table and oversized Jenga). There was live music with a touch of karaoke. The food was great -- my wife particularly enjoyed her fresh tuna salad and I my Chi-Perlas. The best part of our experience was, by far, our server Emanuel. From the second we wandered in he was a total pleasure. Friendly and attentive and went the extra mile more than once to make our experience special. Gracias Emanuel!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I ate there last week.It was a short walk from our hotel.My wife had the Plantain burger.She raved about the fried plantain bun! She is still talking about it!My fish and chips were excellent.They were playing old 80's rock videos on the big screen,which brought back some memories from our youth. Good prices and great atmosphere.Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited Perlas last week and went back a total of three times. We enjoyed the food quality, which was consistently good and the service, which was overall very good for Costa Rica. The French Dip sandwich was very good, as were the tuna tacos and the chicken fingers for the kids. Get the fresh fruit smoothies instead of a soft drink. Come on Tuesday night for karaoke...which was alot of fun!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is one of our regular stops throughout our stay in paradise. The menu has something for every taste and budget. The staff are always welcoming and friendly. Our favourites are the Perlas burger, Fish and Chips and the wings. There is a great talent pool here in Potrero and there is something entertaining going on every night. I highly recommend this neighbourhood landmark.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food was good but we almost left before we even got waited on. We sat outside for ten minutes in the Costa Rican heat before a waitress came to our table. We were watching several waitstaff trying to get their attention but they seemed singularly concerned with serving one table at a time. When a waitress did come over she dropped the menus and left again, not taking a drink order, bringing water or anything. After another 5 minutes we decided to try a table inside with a different waitress so we moved. Once our order was taken out drinks arrived fairly quickly, however, I ordered a draft IPA and it came to the table at room temperature. I was really hoping for an ice cold beer at that point. Our hamburgers were great, and I ordered a local draft beer that was served much colder. With other options close by I prefer a place that is more attentive to their customers experience. I'll admit patience is not a recognized American trait and I'm from the US. I really tried though. Maybe I was just too hot and thirsty!