“Delicious ”

Marisqueria Las Vegas
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Paquera
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We have a home in Tambor and have read the reviews about Las Vegas but had never been; this week however, our neighbors said we should all take a drive there (about 30 minutes) and enjoy their fabulous soup. The setting was typical for this area of Costa Rica, if you want to be pampered and dine with fine china this isn’t the place for you, stay at your resort. It is a family ran business in a home that has been turned into a restaurant, yes it is down a dirt road, yes it has dirt floors but more importantly it has fresh and delicious seafood, which should be your reason for eating there. We enjoyed the famous soup, rice with shrimp and spaghetti with shrimp & salsa blanco. All five of us started with a platter a fresh cut fries, some beers and then our meals. They do not speak English but for those of you that are worried the menu explains the dishes to you in English. You won’t be disappointed if you want a large serving of fresh seafood. We will visit again!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We wanted to eat away from the main roads and a guy lead us to this restaurant. It looked okay and there were already some people eating.

I had to order three different dishes because the first two were not available (each time the waitress took the order, went away and came back with the bad news). My wife had to order a Soda three times before she got it (and she ordered in Spanish).

I had a (little) piece of fish and my wife rice with (some) shrimps. It was eatable but costs 5.000 CRC (which seems a lot for this kind of restaurant and this amount of fish/shrimps).

The worst restaurant/soda on our trip through Costa Rica.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 9 November 2017

fresh and fantastic, I could eat here everyday, they do not speak English, but were very accommodating and we had the most amazing meal ever!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Marvellous spot for this pure local restaurant, nice solid Costa Rican kitchen with always fresh seafood. Don't expect sophistication, go foor simple and pure in a nice ambiance.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The most delicious mix seafood coconut milk soup I have ever eaten. Served with a bowl of rice and a lime. You may chose smaller (5,000 col) and bigger (10,000 col) portion. The smaller is huge for one person. Bit pricey for Costa Rica and that kind of place, but totally worth it. It made me return twice, not even thinking about looking for another place.

Place itself is nothing special, but I liked it because it was authentic, obviously popular with locals. Bring repellent at night. A convenient 3-min drive from my hotel (Mapi's).

Date of visit: May 2017