Great place, wonderful. We had a hillside room, amazing view, and great nature and rainforest all around. Two downsides though, the forest is sadly too often spoiled by liter (I told management about it), it wouldn't take much to have those removed and give it back its primeval beauty. Keep in mind too that the hillside rooms are accessed through the cable car in morning and evening, and that it is a slow rickety thing (they were two but only one was working). In the afternoon, small pick up tricks will give you a ride up there.
Also keep in mind that the hotel is really out of the way, the food prices are similar to what you'd expect in a western city, which is very expensive for Thailand. So eating out is the obvious option but that can be done only with taxis (and the "taxi mafia" has worked out a stiff rate that they won't negotiate - 400 baht for a 10mn ride is quite stiff when you realize that a taxi from the airport (45mn) will ask for 700 or 800 bahts). We ended up renting a car for most of our stay.
The beach is really nice (is has very high and low tide, low tide uncovering a rocky bottom that can be explored, high tide is better for swimming), but ....the pool is amazing! I am afraid it will dwarf most of the pools I will go into in the future. It is designed with many lagoons, small waterfalls etc and is wonderful. Downside, I had to battle on a daily basis with staff to ask them to keep the music down (I told management as well), they were nice enough to indulge me each time but I shouldn't have had to mention this to them every days - and explain them that we were there to enjoy the beautiful peaceful settings and nature, and that if we were looking for a party atmosphere, we would have stayed in Patong (!).
Appart from these quirks, it is a tremendous place, a true jewel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Kamala and Patong Beaches in the secluded and tranquil Nakalay Bay, we offer an exclusive beachside retreat for couples, honeymooners and families.Choose from 191 luxury air-conditioned villas set amidst 25 acres of lush tropical gardens with traditional Thai ambience. Some villas offer stunning views of the azure waters of the Andaman Sea, from hillside or beach front locations, whilst others provide direct access to the beautiful lagoon swimming pool set in the heart of the fragrant gardenThe lagoon pool is sculpted to follow the natural curves of the land and to blend in with lush tropical gardens that roll gently out on to the sandy shoreline of one of Phuket's most secluded beaches. Whether enjoying a swim, relaxing at the Nakalay Spa or at one of the many outside bars and open space restaurants, guests can truly unwind amidst this tranquil ambience Where Thai tradition Meets Nature. With a programme of holistic wellness activities such as Yoga, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) or Tai Chi, guests can experience a complete rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit during their stay. Discover for yourself why former guests have described our resort as a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Beach Village Hotel Patong
- Thavorn Beach Village And Spa
- Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa Kamala, Phuket