See what travellers are saying:
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 5 January 2009

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 22 June 2008

The hotel was overbook, even if we had a confirmation number they didn't have a room for us. They didn't care to help us finding another hotel. The Manager and his assistant were totaly helpless and the problem they put us in didn't bother them at all. They finally offer us to sleep on the massage table (the massage room wasn't even finish buiding) for over 100$ US per night. Absolutly ridiculous

In terms of customer service and personal attitude they are the Champion of the worst that I've seen

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Habstravelers
Reviewed 4 January 2008

If you want a clean room with basic facilities, a reasonably nice pool and generic breakfast, this is an ok place to stay. Otherwise, avoid it if you can.

The service is slow, if any. There's hardly enough staff, and they look random and not well-trained.

The room is clean and spacious. The villas look nice on the outside, we didnt stay in one so I cant comment. All rooms have balcony, but not necessarily the nicest view. No sea views.

My advice on Phuket is you either go international 5-stars or go the lowest end. I've stayed in other international 5-stars and they are all excellent, like Sheraton Laguna and Banyan Tree.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Travelabel
Reviewed 23 January 2007

I stayed at this "hotel" from 24 December for ten days

Unfortunately I had made the mistake of paying in advance, otherwise I would have left immediately.

The description by the other reviewers is accurate except that there were 12 sunbeds for 105 rooms (210 guests), not 10.

The food at the hotel was poor and consistently cold. the gala dinner was very poor, the spa never opened, the swim up bar was not open at any time, the bar closed before 11pm and the barman refused to sell a glass of wine one evening because it meant he had to open a new bottle!

The female manager's response to complaints was to attempt to explain how they had occurred rather than rectify them. I heard her threaten one guest who complained with the police!

I too had extras added to my bill which I luckily spotted before I left.

You could not blame the staff for the poor service as it was apparent that they had received no training whatsoever.

The prices charged by this hotel in relation to the standard of rooms, food and service provided were outrageous.

It reflects very badly on the tourism industry in Thailand.
I would urge anyone thinking of booking this hotel to think again.
I would not recommend it at a third of the prices they charge (I paid approx £130 per day, B & B).

Do yourself a favour and stay away

Barry Shelton
Jersey

Stayed: December 2006
30  Thank bazzer24
Reviewed 23 January 2007

We are just one couple of many, I imagine, fooled by their website. The Thiwa Ratri is truly the Faulty Towers of Thailand (minus any humour). Room decoration had not been finished, the mini-bar had nothing in it and the balcony looked out onto messy unfinished rooms below. The TV had a terrible selection of channels. On the plus side the rooms on arrival were clean and the bed very large and comfy. One redeeming feature was the pool area. Although very small with just a handful of sun beds, it was clean, cool and relaxing if you could ignore the one Thai CD playing all day. Sadly by the time we left the water was decidedly green in shade!

Getting the room cleaned before 7pm meant tracking down staff and begging for towels and loo paper. The restaurant area seemed quiet and we found out this was due to hilariously disorganised service, worth one meal just for entertainment. Customers actually clapped when the correct order came out. Who’s bill you ended up with was very much a lottery.

Unfortunately we had paid for the compulsory New Years Eves Gala Dinner. A truly awful buffet at £50 a pop with no drinks included. The huge fireworks were let off outside our bedroom door and one slipped over in its launch tube and flew over all our heads before exploding in the neighbouring resort.

Things really went down hill after New Year. Breakfast, which had not been great, almost disappeared. We managed to get some toast and coffee but late arrivals only had nothing. Obviously there were a lot of complaints. It was as though the kitchen had done its bit for New Year and had shut down.

Throughout our 5 night (prepaid) stay our fellow inmates looked dejected, mystified or resigned to their fate. I felt truly sorry for the Honeymooners that were staying. The spa appeared disserted, may be because you even had to pay for a sauna or a steam, but it looked clean.

On checking out they tried to charge us again for the Gala Dinner. If we had not booked and paid in advance we would have left after the first night. We walked to the road to pick up a cab to avoid the large mark up they give for a taxi to the port we were heading to. Thiwa Ratri was a huge disappointment and luckily our only one during our great month in Thailand. I only wish there had been some reviews to read before I booked. So this is for future traveller to heed.

Stayed: December 2006